PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fished Amador lately???

EddieTee
06-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Going tommorrow to Lake Amador. Any reports out there?
Thanks Eddie Tee :)

firetrout
06-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Water temp is hot now. Not too many fishing for trout unless you go real deep. June is usally the cutoff date for good action , but you never know. Let us hear how you did. Maybe try bass or crappie too.

vito
08-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Hey there sniffers. I just bought into a time share and was planning the first outing. There is a resort in Angle's camp that I can go to. This is near both New Malone's and Lake Amador. My first free weekend to go is the end of August. Does the trout fishing at Amador totally die off in the summer? Is the Koke bite at Melone's over by then? Don't want to waste a trip. Thanks.

duckhunter916
08-02-2005, 11:55 AM
the trout wont start biting until the water cools down wich means aroun september

SalmonKing
08-02-2005, 06:17 PM
Hey Vito. That's not fair that you're teasing us with your new time share. Now you have to invite us all up for a fishing trip to make up for it... :P

Wolf74
08-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Yep this is usualy the time of year you switch from trout to catfish at Amador.

kstone44
08-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Amador trout fishing is still availible, but its at night and with submersable lights . Fish in *the deeper parts of the main body of the lake between the entrance to Mountain springs and the Spillway, look for water at least 60ft deep. Set your lights down at 20ft, Amador fish like the threaded crawler and also the dreaded Power bait.Good luck :)

kpl
08-03-2005, 09:40 AM
I was there last week staying on the Peninsula. *Fishing was complete crap. *Yes usually this time of year it's tough, but I can't remember it being this bad. I don't have a boat so rented one for a few hours two different days and hit the usual spots. *Trolled from Big Cove to Rec 1, hung out at the A frame and the dam. *Got two hits at the A-frame and that was it. Shore fished at hamilton Branch with lots of other people, but I only saw one guy in a tube flyfishing actually having any real action. Wish I knew what he was using. *Whatever it was he'd toss it out and slowly troll it. *I went there a few days at different times and never saw anyone catch anything otherwise. Lots of fish jumping in the early morning though. *I managed one 16" Rainbow from the area on a lure (and I don't remember which one because I tried everything). *The powerplant was off until friday. If I had a boat with a fishfinder I could see doing better maybe. At least you could better zero in on the cool springs where they congregate. *Picked up a local fising newsletter and found the plants for this year are roughly half what they were last year. *???*

Since things weren't going well at Almanor I headed over to Butt Valley Res. as I can always bag a pair of nice fish there, but no luch either. *Lots of fish jumping. *A couple that had been there 6 hours managed to get 2 on worms off the bottom. The powerplant was running and the lake was the fullest I've ever seen it. I couldn't get to my favorite spot. :(

I'd suggest waiting until September, or concentrate on Bass (though I didn't see anyone being very sucessfull either) or go elsewhere.

vito
08-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the replies. Sorry about the tease. Looks like Amador is a bust until cooler weather. I don't have the equipment to fish at night, but thanks for the tip. Any word on when the spawn at Melone's is over???

RolandMartinJr.
08-05-2005, 11:49 AM
A couple years back me and some buddies of mine camped at Amador mainly targeting bass in July. We weren't doing much during the middle of the day so we decided to drop some powerbait out to see what would happen for the trout. It was amazing, the action was non stop. They were all about 14-17 inches, but did not look like the typical amador cutbow. They looked more like dfg planters, similar to the ones I catch at Chabot We camped at the picnic site where the stocking tube is, right at the point. We would catch the trout about 200 yards out from the point drifting on tubes. The water is very deep there, must be at least 100 feet. We would drop our Powerbait about 40-60 feet and just drift. Whoever is planning on trout fishing at Amador, I suggest you try this spot. We were nailing them in the middle of the day in 90 degree weather.

kstone44
08-05-2005, 09:34 PM
KPL thanks for the ALMANOR report ;D ;D