PDA

View Full Version : Camping at UVR question

Go_Fish
08-02-2005, 01:03 PM
I live in Dillon Beach and want to get away this weekend (Aug. 5-7) and noticed at www.reserveusa.com all the spots are reserved at UVR (there are too many people in this f#$@*#g state. I am new to that area any help on a good spot would be helpful ???. I have at 21ft nitro bass boat and want to do some trout fishing.

jackstraw
08-02-2005, 01:18 PM
I'm not sure of the exact percentage, but typically there are few sites that reservable, and most are first come, first serve. If it has the dash on reserveusa, it could mean that they are either reserved or not reservable. It would be great if they could let you know one way or another.

fishguts
08-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Lots of first come sites available, we were there earlier this month and after a reservation snaffu took a first come site which was better any way. We were the only ones in the first come circle until late Thursday and there were plenty left on Friday afternoon when we left. I don't think you should have a problem getting a site either at UVR. You can beach the boat also. Good luck and looking forward to your report.
Joe P.

Trout_Terminator
08-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Try Camping at Ice House. its right next to UVR.

HighSierra_Drifter
08-02-2005, 03:38 PM
They also have RV sites in the parking lot for the launch ramp at Ice House. I stayed there last weekend d/t full campgrounds. The only difference is you can't have a fire, but plenty of spots were available. We got a nice spot under the trees and had a fine little camp. It's only minutes up the road to fish UVR.

Drifter

Mickey_Thomas
08-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Doc went up there 2 weeks ago looking for a campsite at Ice House, Union Valley, and Loon Lake.... ??? every campsite was taken and it was Fri. night. Your best bet for a close campsite is Stumpy Meadows. It's only 14 miles from Ice House Rd, and it's a new road with a 55mph speed limit. Check reserveusa for the two campsites at Stumpy if all the others are full.

Go_Fish
08-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Thanks for all your help. I have a friend in Strawberry as a last resort.

krzyfshrmn
08-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Bring your bass gear too. Union Valley is LOADED with some quality Smallmouth ;)

fishguts
08-02-2005, 09:44 PM
* *Bring your bass gear too. Union Valley is LOADED with some quality Smallmouth ;)

That is so true, my son would go down to the bank and toss a silver/blue kastmaster and spend the next couple hours catching and releasing those fiesty smallmouths.

Split_shot_1
08-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Ice Hse sites 1 to (I belive) 20 in lower camp gd. are first come. Monday to Thursday are usually open, wk-ends are full. You can camp on the boat dock parking lot most of the time. It's not "camping" but you have a nice view of the lake.

Don
08-03-2005, 07:13 AM
GO FISH You are right TOO MANY PEOPLE.What is becomeing a must is a resevation on weekends. I know of a lot of campers that see the sign " Camp Groung Full" and spend most of the day wasted looking for a camp site.
I am retired so I go on sunday evening Sun-Tues and most times it is almost empty.
We were going to go camping with some friends to coast,But everthing was full for most of the summer for weekends.So it's everwhere
Why take a gamble get that revervation and enjoy the whole weekend.Best is go after the crowd leaves.
Don
A little information.These lakes all are loaded with mosquitoes,so don't forget the spray.