PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Reports?

AllFishNoWork
07-26-2005, 11:41 PM
Is no one fishing?
Is everyone getting skunked?
Is everyone hunkered down in thier honey holes?
Did everyone switch to ocean or kokanee fishing?

Lets hear some good reports, make em up if you have to ;)
The Outer Limits Board is getting more action than here. :-/
Doc is republishing old threads ;D

fishrman4life
07-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Umm, the reports arent going up like the temps are. Hard fishing for trout, especially in summer...I try ice house and usually get skunked in summer. :'(

troutfan
07-27-2005, 02:17 AM
Is no one fishing?
Is everyone getting skunked?
Is everyone hunkered down in thier honey holes?
Did everyone switch to ocean or kokanee fishing?

Lets hear some good reports, make em up if you have to ;)
The Outer Limits Board is getting more action than here. :-/
Doc is republishing old threads ;D
The only place I have been lately is Bridgeport and you got a report for every day I went out. We're getting into the dog days and trout fishing slows down. I think that may be one reason the reports are sparse. ;D

Oxbow
07-27-2005, 05:20 AM
When it gets to be about 95* or so on the water, you can find me at home in front of the A/C. ;)

Farrier_Frank
07-27-2005, 05:38 AM
I had planned to fish San Louis with Richy last Sunday but when I got out of the truck in Santa Nella it was like stepping into a furnace. The first clue I had was when I pulled up to Lucky Larry's bait store and nobody was there. And when I drove by the lake NOBODY was fishing. Even my Mexican friends were nowhere in sight, and I can always find them fishing the bank somewhere. Sooo... I headed west and finally found the sea breeze in Aromas. Hence no report last week from me. :-/

Mickey_Thomas
07-27-2005, 05:47 AM
I think it's a combination of all of the above ??? To hot to fish, fishing is slow, not enough DFG Plants, ETC. When 2 guys I know got shut out at Loon Lake you know it has to be bad ??? ??? And yes, the other boards are getting reports about Kokonee and saltwater Salmon fishing. There's nothing like getting to the fog on the coast when it's 105 in the valley ;) Dennis and I went up to Union Valley yesterday, I didn't catch any trout so the report went to the Kokonee boards. 8)

ITUKAWAL
07-27-2005, 05:53 AM
Allfish, I'm sorry I didn't report this one, but, I spent the weekend at Stumpy and not a soul around. Thought I try some bank fishin for a change. After about 7 hours of not even a nib let alone a nibble I switched over to some really powerful stinky catfish bait. I wasn't out there for 5 minutes and BOOOOM BOOOM BOOOM !!

Well..... You said to make something up. My morals and fishin' ethics just would not let me continue......

To Be Continued.....

reeltor
07-27-2005, 08:49 AM
Spent about 4 hours last Wednesday morning on Spicer, and only picked up 2 small planters (both went back in to get a little bigger). Surface temp was from 70 to 72 degrees - dog days of summer!

AllFishNoWork
07-27-2005, 11:37 AM
Well the good news is Patty said it will be cooler this weekend and DFG reported stocking UVR and LBR as well as some smaller lakes this week.

Thanks for checkin in guys :) and IT for your report ???

I was thinking of tryin Stumpy tonight after work.

johnbfishin
07-27-2005, 12:39 PM
I may go chase some kokes at Melones this weekend. It's been too hot not only for me but for the dog as well.

Maybe I'll hit Del Valle though and try to dredge up a King Salmon. With the weather being what it has I know where they are...DEEP!!

Big Ken
07-27-2005, 05:11 PM
The wife & I are headed up to Bucks lake tommorrow thru Sunday. You will get a report when I get back..hopefully it is a good report ;) ;)

Ken

gone fishin
07-27-2005, 06:18 PM
My last two outings was loon and UVR. Skunked at loon and 1 18" holdover rainbow at UVR. Both fishing in the afternoon till dusk. ITS TO HOT......The trout are at the bottom of the lakes having heat strokes....only to come up briefly to find something to eat.
This heat could also be killing a lot of the trout. Loon 76 Deg. UVR 78 Degs. Ice house 75 Deg. Not only that, The DFG has not planted these lakes as usual.

I'm heading to Monterey for some cool Salmon and Rock fishing the next two days.

Good luck...

hoghunter3
07-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Still been at it, but have been leaving the trout alone. Chasing shad, Macks and Stripers.......

AllFishNoWork
07-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Holly and I have Aug 17-19 penciled for Monterey :D I don't know if she can wait that long to get back fishing for those rocks.

FishMischief
07-28-2005, 06:36 PM
Well sunday morning I am koke fishin. But then after the morning is over I thought I would try some mountain stream fishing. I'll report Sunday evening...

Captain_Morgan
07-29-2005, 06:41 AM
I blame the skiers & vacationers. The weekend fishing is out of the question. If you have downriggers,the water temp shouldn't matter. I love winter!

AzSprig
07-29-2005, 09:24 PM
I am busy chasing kokes in the mountains and Kings out of Ft. Bragg, I will lay into the trout again this fall.

vito
07-30-2005, 01:33 PM
I wasn't going to post because it wasn't spectacular, but I limited at Stumpy on the 27th. Trolling watermelon sidekicks and worms. First boat on the lake at 5:30. Only 4 trucks in the lot when I left at 10am. Day off landed weird so I went solo. Largest bow was 14 inches. All caught at 45 feet. All released.

Mickey_Thomas
07-30-2005, 08:13 PM
Vito, sounds like a good day fishing to me, it doesn't have to be spectacular to post a report, we like to see the bad ones and the good ones. If we see a bad one it might help us not to waste a trip, if we see good ones we will head right up there and try to catch fish too. Post all reports, good or bad please 8)

johnbfishin
07-30-2005, 09:01 PM
Ditto, good or bad it's all useful info.

reeltor
08-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Spent just over 2 hours this morning on Alpine and came away with a nice limit of planters (headed for the smoker). Seemed to be from the top down to ten feet - ran a Panther Martin and a Sidekick with a worm on a short leader.

MamaWentFishin
08-02-2005, 01:11 PM
It's been too hot for me to get to my more local hangouts, and I haven't had time to get to the higher elevations. However, I can report that I received both my FishSniffer magazine AND the latest Cabela's catalog yesterday, so I'm doing some planning on the spots I can get to before the snow starts to fall with whatever new toys I can get. ;D

vito
08-02-2005, 01:32 PM
The new Cabella's is here, the new Cabella's is here! Finally...I'm somebody. Had fun explaining that to the little lady last night. Went in the office spent a good hour going through it. Where to begin......