PDA

View Full Version : Any reports from Rollins lake?

Damon
07-31-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm heading to Rollins next week and can't seem to find any reports.

lazylab
07-31-2005, 04:08 PM
welcome to the boards. rollins is pretty much shut out for the season unless you are an earlie person? try the bear arm am dam am! am is before 7am when the water fleas decide to play. ive done good on toplines and the riggerrs. i use dodgers and mini flashers with a worm. the bear entrance at the bouy marked jetty is breading ground for sqauws .try the greenhorn beach area at dusk for cats beach it and bbq with the family ,kids have a blast with a cat on the end of there pole.

kubfish
07-31-2005, 04:10 PM
Didn't you just ask this same question 30 min ago?

Damon
07-31-2005, 04:20 PM
Yeah koobfish, I did.

Damon
07-31-2005, 04:25 PM
Lazylab- Thanks for the info.

kubfish
07-31-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah koobfish, I did.

Don't worry I was just giving you a hard time. ;D

As far as Rollins lake. I have never had a great experience there, be it camping or fishing. In the summer the lake turns into a motor speedway, in the fall/winter they just don't stock it enough to make it worth the trouble since other lakes IE: Collins, LGV or even the mother lode lakes consistantly out produce this lake.

I would think this time of year Bass/Catfish/Sunfish may be the best bet. I haven't heard of any reports as of late, which is think is typical for this time of year at Rollins.

Although every now and then you hear of a nice brown or bow being caught. My advice for summer trout at Rollins is to fish near the dam and deep.

Here was the report from the SacBee this past week.

"ROLLINS LAKE - Long Ravine and the face of the dam were producing a few trout for early trollers using No. 7 and No. 9 Rapalas in black and silver and rainbow patterns."

Damon
08-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Koobfish- Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

Captain_Morgan
08-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Hey Koobfish, Have you ever seen the water clear at rollings. I sure haven't ,I think its the muddiest lake i've ever seen. I'm not saying there's no fish in there. I hear there are some nice browns. ;D(muddy browns?)

kubfish
08-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Hey Koobfish, Have you ever seen the water clear at rollings. I sure haven't ,I think its the muddiest lake i've ever seen. I'm not saying there's no fish in there. I hear there are some nice browns. ;D(muddy browns?)

You sure those aren't catfish with orange leaches on them? ;D

It is pretty muddy now that you mention it.