PDA

View Full Version : Stumpy Meadows 7/26

luv2fsh
07-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Took my nephews to stumpy yesterday. One was a first timer, the other it was his second time. Got on the water at 7:00am and fished until 11:00. Decided to ancor by big rock, this was a good decision. The nephews wanted to use power bait because it had pretty colors, but I floated a nightcrawler. No bites for the first hour and a half. Finally the first timer hooked a nice 15" planter and got the joy of reeling in his first fish. He was done, he just wanted to stare at his fish and revel in his glory. After that I started getting hit after hit on the worm, within an hour I hooked 5 fish and let the second timer reel all of them in. The action stayed busy and the nephews had a blast. All in all we caught 8 fish and kept 4 for dinner.

Troutcoach
07-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Way to go! Always good to share the love of fishing with a newbie. Glad to hear it was a succesful day.

Captain_Morgan
07-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Sounds like a great day that started sloow. Got any pictures?? How old is the first timer?

AllFishNoWork
07-27-2005, 10:07 PM
Gotta love it when the first timers hook up. Good job and thanks for the report.

troutfan
07-28-2005, 06:23 AM
There is nothing like the look on a young person's face when they catch their first fish...Priceless! ;D

luv2fsh
07-28-2005, 07:38 AM
I do have pictures, but haven't figured out how to post them yet. The first timer is 5 and the second timer is 8. They have a blast and love coming to my house just for that experience.