PDA

View Full Version : Lake Almanor *Results *July *trip

firetrout
07-21-2005, 09:09 PM
On our second leg of our family camping trip we went to Northshore Campgrounds for *5 nights. *Now this is a private camp with lots of extras the wife loved. Showers, flush toilets, on the water edge, saundry but not needed and a little store with the little needs. :) *I recommend this campground and is only 2.2 miles from Chester, the town.

The second day I met Mark and his family, a fellow fish sniffer, wearing the Fish Sniffer Hat. I had to tell my wife. She could not believe that would happen. Long story.
Mark knew the lake and did well with trout and bass. He had his secret spots ;) I'll let you reveal them Mark. Nice camping next to you. :D

Fishing was O.K. We hooked a few Rainbows, Brown and this time Small King Salmon and not to forget the smallmouth Bass. *I used mostly speedy shiners. *Tried bass for the first time up there, I rarely Bass fish, but caught some with my son on ultra light tackle in the evening. *Lots of fun used crickets. FireMinnow caught his first ever bass a 3.3 lber. He insisted not to release it because fellow sniffer Mark had to see it and he wanted him to have it. ;)

Fish the Westside Public launch, the Hamilton Branch and The Big Springs. *All areas produced some trout for us. *Everyone I talked to used anywhere from lures, flies, crikets, power bait, salmon eggs and worms. *Go Deep 35-45 feet. *Except at the power plant at Hamilton Branch. Lots of fish were caught one day on crickets or salmon eggs and flies for other anglers.

Had a great time taking a visit also to Lassen Nat't Park. *Could not squeeze in Eagle as planned. *Heard they were doing well up there too.
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/513/medium/P10100731.JPG
Firetrout & FireMinnow with his 1st ever Bass

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/513/medium/P1010072.JPG

FireMinnow's 3.3lber

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/P10100411.JPG
FirePrincess getting kissed by her frog, but it did not turn into the Prince :-[http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/529/medium/P10100341.JPG
Amber's first fishing trip at 4 Months old.

AllFishNoWork
07-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Nice pics Firetrout! Was FireMinnow a SCLL allstar? I thought the dog was gonna be FirePup :D

Mickey_Thomas
07-22-2005, 04:24 AM
Fun trip Firetrout and gang, and a really nice Bass for the Minnow ;D great report and great pictures 8)

Farrier_Frank
07-22-2005, 05:16 AM
I would have kept that bass, too, FireMinnow. Catching a 3.3 lb bass would have been exciting for any of us -- Looks like you all had a nice family vacation. ;)

ITUKAWAL
07-22-2005, 05:54 AM
PRICELESS !!!!!

Thanks Fire-Family ;D

JoeTech
07-22-2005, 08:48 AM
Family vacations are always fun. Great work

appleinorange
07-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the report I will be going up there next Wed. for 10 days. ;D

badbobfishing33
07-22-2005, 12:19 PM
NICE FISH I bet that gave you a ride....cool dog to!

Big_Country
07-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Nice report Firetrout. Great pics. Almanor looks great.

firetrout
07-22-2005, 05:47 PM
AllFish & Co., Yes he made the San Carlos All Star team. He had a great game and did well offence and defence.

AppleinOrange. I'm sure you know that lake. Hope the mealworm/cricket combo will be in full swing by then. You can fish it just off the bottom with a split shot. Or go to the Northeast side and try to locate the springs. Nightcrawlers and crickets may be the ticket there. good Luck.

FirePup maybe a good name until she is a year old?

Troutcoach
07-22-2005, 06:19 PM
Great pics and report Firetrout. That is a great looking &ASS!! ;D

freon
07-22-2005, 07:45 PM
Great fish, pics, report and smile on your sons face firetrout, you had two great trips in one. That is one sweet bass, I just love those smallies up there. Glad you and your family had a great time.
Freon

CHICKFISHING58
07-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Nice story FT,
it brings back quite a few good memories when I was fishing with my family way back when ;D The pictures are wonderful ;)

duckhunter916
07-23-2005, 01:09 PM
nice pics
are you gonna hunt that dog?

firetrout
07-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Mallard
Yes, She has a great drive and desire. I need to get her trained. My last one was a hunter as well.