PDA

View Full Version : Reports on Stumpy ?

stagger_lee
07-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Going to Stumpy on Sunday! Any info will help, as I need all the help I can get :-/

jrj
07-16-2005, 05:52 AM
Fished there on tuedsday and thursday of this week. Did very well. *Hot setup was a Watermellon dodger pulling a Aberdine hook with a worm. Tried several othe setups but nothing worked as well as the worm. Fish were scattered throughout the lake and were from 20 to 45 feet deep.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/jrj/Picture015Medium.jpg

Farrier_Frank
07-16-2005, 06:10 AM
That picture is classic Wentfishin. ;)

Stagger... we're going to UVR tomorrow morning, early. Hope to be fishing by dawn and off by 11. Why don't you drive a few extra miles past Stumpy and join us. We'll be launching at Sunset.

stagger_lee
07-16-2005, 06:22 AM
Hey Frank! I'll talk to my friend Kenny. this will be his first time ever trolling. Stumpy is his favorite lake,so we plan on being on the water by 4:30-5:00. If nothing happens in the first couple hours, I think I could convince him to take a ride over to UVR! Captains orders ya know :) Harrrr!!

wetdog
07-16-2005, 07:24 AM
Fished Stumpy last nite water temp 77 degrees at surface,worms & grubs behind a chrome sidekick worked best at 28 feet, till sun started to set swicthed over to troll'n flies with action disc on top water, c&r double limits ... hope this helps...kokes are HOT at UVR..have fun wetdog ;)

AllFishNoWork
07-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Good job guys! Those stumpy trout just can't leave taht worm alone :)

That picture is classic Wentfishin

Stumpy always photographs well :D If there was any doubt they were at Stumpy, that picture leaves little debate ;)

saltydog
07-16-2005, 09:34 AM
Went to stumpy this morning (sat) on the waterby 5:30
first fish 1 minute into the first pass.C&R 15 and off the water at 9, out to breakfast in georgetown. ;D ;D 8)
everything we tried worked.Best rig was a dodger w/ a wooly bugger fly, second was a red dot frog needle fish, no dodger..
we even got 2 on a 7" jointed flatfish. Allfish were on top till the sun hit the water, then anywhere from 20' -35'
you can't miss at this lake. 8)

lazylab
07-16-2005, 03:17 PM
:) :) hey salty sorry i didnt get back to you ??? i will be there sun either with the boy or wife or both 8) hope to see yea or hear from ya 8)

Farrier_Frank
07-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Hey Saltydog... Was that your white truck and boat parked in front of the Corner Kitchen this morning? If it was looks like you had a leisurely breakfast. 8)

Mickey_Thomas
07-16-2005, 08:36 PM
I took the wife up to Stumpy tonight around 5:30 (Sat.) we caught and released 10 rainbows in about 2.5 hours ;D All on night crawlers behind dodgers. A couple of the rainbows were over 16", I wonder where they were hideing 8) Parking lot was full, at least 30 kids and parents were swimming at the launch...When Stumpy is this full there is just no beach to swim off of, everybody moved to let me launch without trouble ;D Saw the Eagle do the dance with the Falcon ;D the Falcon got the fish and won the battle 8)

saltydog
07-16-2005, 08:55 PM
sorry, I cant come out to play, LL. Stop by on your way home ;D. FF, guilty! 15 C&R'ed and a nice breakfast, and home before the heat! I gotta get my stars on! 8)

stagger_lee
07-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Had a great day at Stumpy, Sunday,7-17. On the water at 5:40a.m. first fish in the box at 6:00a.m. Off the lake at 2:00 p.m.with two limits,8 bows and 2 browns. nothing of any size. the bows were planters in the 10"-12" range and the Browns were'nt much bigger at 14". Most were caught on a 4/0 Gold Sepps dodger/crawler at 16" back,including the 2 Browns.The others taken on Large Dave Davis Half Fast gold and silver blades with crawlers. Caught and released another 6 on Rainbow and watermelon dodgers/crawlers.Lot of people cooling off at the ramp,even helped us trailer the boat.After stowing all the gear and securing the boat, We joined in for a cool dip and a cold brew! Great day at the Stump :);)

Farrier_Frank
07-19-2005, 11:11 AM
Stagger... We fished 5 hours at UVR Sunday and were back swimming at the Stumpy launch before noon. We saw your truck but you must have been fishing the back of the lake. Stumpy is a great lake for cooling off.

Saltydog... If you had stars on your boat I would have come in and had a cup of coffee with you. I worked the area to Greenwood and saw your boat parked at old Tom's place. There are a lot of Sniffer's living in this area. Put the stars on your boat and join us on the water sometime.

A.S.4
07-19-2005, 01:14 PM
i also fished stumpy on the 17th. i believe i talked to stagger on the ramp but didnt realize he was a sniffer until he was driving away. we had started at ice house but the bite was off so we fished a few hours at stumpy. picked up some planter bows and a couple decent browns trolling flashers with worms along the dam and around the ramp at 30' deep. nice way to beat the valley heat.

A.S.4
07-19-2005, 01:19 PM
heres the big fish of the day
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/astiny4/DSC06496.jpg

willbilly
07-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Hay All, ::)

I live in Greenwood, well Georgetown, well heck it depends if you ask the County or the Post Office.
But my Car insurance went down $60 per year when the PO changed my address to Greenwood., Sooo who can knock it. ;D

I am new to the boards,( 3 weeks) , Paul from the koke board got me started. ,and I have been a regular since.
I have learn a bunch since I am a new boat owner, with a new elect downrigger, and have fly fished almost my whole life---= other than outings with my Father in Law now long gone.
Well enough chit chat I will be looking for your STARS I get out 2-5 times a week in all the Stumpy and above lakes. So Wilson the Willbilly should be seeing you. 8)

Troutcoach
07-20-2005, 09:27 PM
If you get there early enough...maybe you'll get to see this. Stumpy Meadows 5:30 am June 18th. Sorry about the size. ::)

http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/3455/stumpymorning8uw.jpg

AzSprig
07-20-2005, 09:32 PM
Onehellofa pic !

A.S.4
07-20-2005, 09:41 PM
beutiful pic! :)

JoeTech
07-21-2005, 08:19 AM
Beautiful just beautiful...Where about is stumpy?

AllFishNoWork
07-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Nice pic Coach! I have seen the morning fog/mist but never quite like that.

Joe- I just read your other post about a trip to No Cal. Stumpy is in between HWYS 50 & 80 outside of Georgetown. It might not be a bad base camp. From there you could also fish Hell Hole, Loon, Union Valley, Ice House and maybe French Meadows. All would be a relatively easy drive as is a drive to a town with supplies.

JoeTech
07-22-2005, 08:38 AM
thanks allfish