PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe/Donner lakes

hookumhi
07-17-2005, 10:53 AM
I am headed to Tahoe and was wondering if anyone has any advice for fishing on Tahoe or Donner by boat. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated, I know there's some fishing guru's on the forum that could help a rookie out ??? I have fished it once with a party boat a long time ago but never even had a take down much less a fish.

Weez
07-18-2005, 09:44 PM
Put "Mark Wiza" into this website's search engine, or Google. You will find several informative articles on Tahoe. I suggest you read "Fishing With Minnows" and "The Artful Dodger" to start.

I fished Tahoe Sunday with clients in their boat, and we caught an 8-pound mack on 8-pound line in less than 60 feet of water.

Mark

Vole
07-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Mark, great articles. I appreciate your passion and willingness to share your experience with the rest of us.

Can you use a dodger in a canoe? Can one paddle fast enough to make it effective?

Thanks,
Vo

Weez
07-20-2005, 12:10 PM
Dodger needs to go slow, so you need to worry more about paddling too fast; problem with any sinking lure when paddling is if you pause, you will drop it to the bottom.

hookumhi
07-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Thank you for responding back and I am headed out to the store tonight for a copy of the book. I'll keep you posted on my findings . Thanks again, jim