PDA

View Full Version : Bon Tempe, Marin County

Lufty
07-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Any suggestions for this little resevouir?

3 buddies just taking a quick run there next weekend, getting the new father out of the house for the morning (5 week old at home).

Any lure or spot suggestions for shoreline would be much appreciated!

Tight lines!

Lufty

fishinfreak
07-19-2005, 10:59 AM
I went to Bon Tempe last Saturday and got skunked! It was just too hot. Our temp gauge registered 92 degrees outside and with no wind, it was VERY uncomfortable :-[
Water surface temp was 78-80, I don't think that fish even move in that type of heat. Usually, I will fish off the rocky point that is just off the trail. You can't miss it. Other than that, you can try the area by the dam. Rainbow glitter power bait or nightcrawlers work the best for me. Make sure to check the weather report before going because if it is going to be hot one you might want to fish elsewhere. Good Luck.

capt_johnny
07-19-2005, 04:16 PM
I was there this past Sunday for this first time. I was there with three buddies and we all got skunked, but we did fish next to a guy at one point who did catch about a 10 incher, so I know that there are fish in there. He was using power bait. Not sure what color.

Try the side of the lake opposite the dam. Thats where the guy caught his. He also told us that there are a lot of bass on the side of the lake with the trees. Might be worth a shot.

Good luck

THE_TROUTKING
07-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Ive been fishing it for 20 + years and they stop planting
in january or feb.I am surprised that there are eney trout left in there,they cannot surive the summer that lake is only forty feet at the deepist,as far as bass go there biggins in there.when they drained lagintas above bon tempe
the made laginitias a trophy trout lake catch and release
only,the put all the bass in bon tempe.There is a good popualation af land locked steel head in alpine below Bon Tempe.Night crawlers blowin up works good.

Brian