PDA

View Full Version : Loon Lake

Oxbow
07-18-2005, 08:04 PM
I'm off to Loon lake at 0330 hrs tomorrow, 7/18, will post results tomorrow PM. *Gotta beat this heat one way or another, hope to be on the water by 0600 hrs and off before 0900 hrs with 2 limits. *Well I can hope can't I? * ;D

Mickey_Thomas
07-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Gee Oxbow, at 0530 I'll be out splitting wood, trying to beat the heat too ;) ;D I just wish I was going to Loon instead with you. ;D This is what I get for fishing all last month when it was cooler. ???

Oxbow
07-18-2005, 08:30 PM
I know how to beat that wood spliiting routine Mickey, I replaced my wood stove with a propane job, it even has a thermostat and works when the power is out. Been doing a lot more fishing since then! ;D

fishrman4life
07-19-2005, 12:20 AM
Do you guys live up in the sierras or what is the deal with that?

Mickey_Thomas
07-19-2005, 04:46 AM
That's where I live. I also have a propane stove, but the cost of propane has risen with the gas prices ??? and I have the wood for free ;D I really don't mind dealing with the wood, usually I do it in the spring but for some reason (fishing) ;) I put it off. ??? Maybe I can make it to loon tomorrow ::)

FISHSTALKER
07-19-2005, 05:13 AM
I think the Loon is splitting wood. ::) ;D ;D ;D

I use a propane Stove too! I'm not against wood burning but it sure gets hard to breath when all the neighbors are burning wood and garbage. If my wife had to carry wood and start a fire, she would freeze to death.

Mickey_Thomas
07-19-2005, 05:27 AM
Did he call me "looney" ;D I cut it, split it, and get it close to the house. My wife will get a piece and put it on the fire that I start ;) Mostly I keep extra around to take to a sniffer fest ;) ;D ;D so we can all enjoy a good "BOMB FIRE" ;D ;D

Farrier_Frank
07-19-2005, 05:37 AM
Looks like Oxbow lost this one to a hijacking. And a wood cutting hijack in the middle of a 100 degree summer ::) The boards really have been slow.

wetdog
07-19-2005, 07:17 AM
That's where I live. I also have a propane stove, but the cost of propane has risen with the gas prices ??? and I have the wood for free ;D I really don't mind dealing with the wood, usually I do it in the spring but for some reason (fishing) ;) I put it off. ??? Maybe I can make it to loon tomorrow ::)
Mickey... you outa know better...there's such thing as free fire wood...after you cut it ...stack it ...move it in the house...then the ashes out ...is it really FREE? :-/ :-/ :-/

ITUKAWAL
07-19-2005, 07:32 AM
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions ??? ??? ???

Ya know...These days about half the stuff in my shopping cart says, "For fast relief." Is Loon considered fast relief Mick ??? ???