PDA

View Full Version : HOT DAY AT UVR

Farrier_Frank
07-18-2005, 05:23 AM
Pink Boat and I pulled in behind one boat parked at the launch ramp Sunday morning before dawn, and the only sign of life was the break lights. Turns out FishCrazed was sleeping in his truck and had his foot on the break pedal.

We were on the water and trolling by 5:30 and C&R'd the first fish at 5:45, a planter bow caught on a green/red Crystal Bullet (small hootchie). The second fish was C&R'd at 6:05, another planter bow on a pink/orange hootchie. And the third fish, a nice fat koke landed in the cooler about 6:30, caught behind a Colorado spinner with a black/pink grub. And then everything slowed way down as the sun hit the flat water, and the temperature rose quickly.

I had seen a report last week from Bullard's Bar claiming a neon-yellow hootchie was working up there so I put one on and sure enough, at 40', it worked and I caught another koke on it and had plenty of LDR's on that lure and a white one with red splotches on it as well.

By 10:30 we started trolling back to the launch as there was no wind and the dogs were getting overheated. We pulled the boat out around 11 and headed for Robs Resort and a cold brew. And on the way home we spent a good hour or two sitting in the water at Stumpy, dreading the last 22 miles back down the hill, into the furnace awaiting us in Greenwood.

This hot weather has to break soon. :-/

Mickey_Thomas
07-18-2005, 05:50 AM
Good report Frank, the heat is a drag but at least you caught some fish before the "dogs overheated" ;D Some years we hit around 90 degrees once or twice on the mountain, this year it's been over 90 for a week ??? time to get some stuff done before I give into the heat.

AllFishNoWork
07-18-2005, 08:36 AM
Frank, at least you got into some fish and I'm bettin the coldie at Robbs tasted great. Doesn't look like any let up for the heat until later in the week, thats why the boys didn't want to go to Stumpy last Thu or Fri. Mickey, I think last October or November,you said something similiar except about snow.

ITUKAWAL
07-18-2005, 08:50 AM
That answered my question and PM. At least you got to ride up there in a clean truck ( don't tell PB I said that ). You know I'm really anxious to get back up there with the near new ride. I've waited this long, two more weekends will not hurt - much !!!!!

Good report Frank - thanks.

FishMischief
07-18-2005, 10:22 AM
I gotta get some hoochies!!!! I got one bite all morning from a planter bow. I fished my offerings (pink kokanee candy, green wedding ring, red wedding ring and a green bug) from 10 to 45 feet.

Good job frank...

OTDRSMN
07-18-2005, 10:27 AM
We did great too! :D Didn't make it up there that early but launched before 7:00 am . By 7:15 am we had our first kokanee and by the end of the day we had 7 kokanee and 5 rainbows. Caught them on a variety of lures, hootchies, Uncle Larry's, etc. Watermellon dodgers worked best. Pink colored corn in Predator scent worked best. Also caught some on threaded worms. Most of the kokanee were caught near the pipes or the dam area.

I was surprised at the size and how fat the kokanee are there. Most of the kokanee were 15"+ and one nice fat 17"er! The rainbows were all planters and 10" to 14".

UVR is sure beautiful when it's full! I will make another trip up there in the next month or so! 8)