PDA

View Full Version : 3/24 valley lake resivour condition

Flintstone
03-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Does anyone know the condition of the road into and the ramp at Lake Valley resevour off of hwy 80? I would like to try fishing there but do not know the condition or who to call to find out. If you know, please let me know.
Thanks! :bananachaga:

ChinookMe
03-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Thats weird, I was just going to start the same thread. I was thinking about heading up next week but I think there is probably a bit of snow still on the ground. Im not sure though so any info would be great.

Cofaxtroutman
03-25-2010, 07:35 AM
Check the cal trans web site, they have cameras where you can view real time footage all the way up higway 80. I'm sure there is some snow on the road into the lake, probably not enough to keep you out if you have 4wd. I was thinking about heading up there in the next week or two, if I do I'll post the road conidtions. Hope this helps some.

Flintstone
03-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the reply, I looked on the caltrans website and you can see that there is hardly any snow on I-80, but I know how it can hang around on the back roads for a while. I've been stuck in the snow with the boat trailer on it and have decided that is not as fun as it looks like when it is someone else. Maybe just getting too old? Love to fish, hate to shovel. Please post any info known.

Fred