PDA

View Full Version : Help With FishMark 640c

FishNick
03-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi all i recently installed a Eagle FishMark 640c now the problem i am having is after a while its stops reading deth and chart, also when this occurs if i turn it off for while then turn it on it works for a few then stops again, and when this happens there is no pinging from the transducer. I have check all cables they are good have done both a soft and hard reset. Now since there is no ping when it happens could it be the transducer being a bad unit or is it the head unit. Hopefully the trans any input would be great and much appreciated.

Polebrother
03-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Might want to check for bent prongs on your cable coupling...happened to me a few years ago with issues similar to those you describe.

ReelJerks
03-26-2010, 05:16 AM
Your XDCR has nothing to do with the chart. If all your connections are clean and tight, and you have 12vDC at the plug to the head unit, there may be an internal problem. I actually had something near this happening with an old LCX unit. The screen would just fade to gray. Ended up being an internal HEAT problem that Lowrance fixed under warranty. You can find the voltage pins for the plug at the NAVICO/Lowrance website.

Edd

FishNick
03-28-2010, 08:50 PM
The pins are in great shape and i have good voltage so it seems to be narrowed to the head unit also any one know of where i can get this repaired at, and one last thing some say seperate the fishfinder wires from other wires whats your thoughts. Thank you guys for you input.

ReelJerks
03-29-2010, 07:12 AM
The pins are in great shape and i have good voltage so it seems to be narrowed to the head unit also any one know of where i can get this repaired at, and one last thing some say seperate the fishfinder wires from other wires whats your thoughts. Thank you guys for you input.

Absolutely keep the transducer cable away from any power cable. Try to keep your VFH antenna at least 3 feet away from the the transducer cable also.
Check with Eagle Electronics for authorized repair stations but I think you will need to send it to them.

Edd