PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 3/26 & 3/27

Spartan
03-27-2010, 04:51 PM
It's been awhile since I have been fishing my old haunts since I've been up in Oregon for school but I managed to score some spring break action at Pyramid the last two days. Yesterday we got on the lake at 1:30 and stuck around Pelican in our Lund (due to the wind) and picked up 7 cutts from 21-24" all really fat with at least that many missed hits in 4 hours of mixed wind and calm until the Northern sandstorm winds and whitecaps finally reached Pelican.
This morning we got about 4 hours on the windy lake with only two fish both at 23" to show trolling from Pelican to the Nets. At that point, the wind really kicked up and by the time we got back to the dock waves were coming over the docks and transoms making it a nasty process of pulling out for those with larger boats.
It was great to get out on Pyramid after a year and I hope I can get there again sometime soon!
All fish were caught on flatfish although it appeared the fly fishermen were doing decently when it wasn't too windy.

OYD
03-28-2010, 05:31 AM
Congratulations on a great day! Most boaters have not been doing so well right now, so you did better than expected. I hope things did not get too wet while retrieving in the rough water. I stay away from the lake when such weather patterns are predicted.