PDA

View Full Version : General Fishing Q&A's???

01bansheefox
04-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Just trying to get as much knowledge as i possibly can about bass fishing, i see they make 100's of differnt hooks, ways to tie knots, line to use and im sure in some way all of that plays into a small factor on catching the fish, i just want to make sure im doing it all correct. I also noticed it is very important to tie live bait a certain way so it gives it the most natural looking effect???.
When and where to use certain baits, colors, sizes etc....

If there is a web site out there or book to buy, let me know thanks!

BeefCakeScout
04-06-2010, 02:51 PM
try fishsniffer.com . TONS of good info about bass fishing.

FishnBeer
04-06-2010, 03:55 PM
it takes time, young grasshopper. wintertime generally slows all fishing down. spring/summer everything picks up quite a bit

so for slow winter months look up "texas rig plastic worm". warmer time, fish move faster, then look for crankbait, spinnerbait, buzzbait, rattletrap

and learn how to tie a palomar knot

Trout Tracker
04-06-2010, 06:39 PM
I don't bass fish.I mainly troll for trout and when we can fish for Salmon i do that one also.
What i've done is read as much as i can that others post and try some of the tackle or methods others do.
Because i read the FS forums my tackle box has runithover.I don't always use alot of the stuff i have but when i need it i have it.
Alot has to do with where your fishing and what is working at that certain place.
I make alot of my own flashers and sling blades for trolling.Some have worked and some have not.
But the same set up that worked the year before and slayed the fish may not work the next.
Most of it for me is trial and error.Lots of errors but it is still all good.
I noticed in your post something about knots.I to want a good knot so i googled fishing knots and it opend up a whole world of information.
TT

01bansheefox
04-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Well ya i can google all day long and find alot of stuff but im getting tired of having 50 different pages open on my compute, i would like 1 giant web site that has a list of everything to know or at least a good majority of stuff to know about striper/bass.
I was just curious if there was such a site, i have read so many maybe i have read them all? Just looking for more knowledge is all.

Capn B
04-07-2010, 05:57 AM
Hey Bansheefox here is my suggestion: monkey see-monkey do. First, find the water you can fish. Next find the fishers that are catching fish. Be observant, ask questions, say thank you. Then monkey see-monkey do. This works for all fishing situations.

bigsquat
04-07-2010, 08:36 PM
when i started to learn to sturgeon fish i would follow the party boats and squeeze in on them. i learned quickly not to anchor off there bow. i got a few 8oz sinkers thrown at my boat. when i wanted to learn to stripper fish i decided to take a safer route and just buy a seat on a few party boats. i took in as much as i could and went on my own. it is worth the $ to get a little education. this was 30 years ago and i would have to learn over again. there was a time when you would troll out of martinez and head for crockett dragging a bug eye jig on a spreader with a spoon on the other end and pork rind with hooks trailing. those were the days. we would get multiple hookups and be done in a few hours.