PDA

View Full Version : Oroville finally hits 50% capacity

hotdog
04-10-2010, 07:12 AM
WoooHooooo Oroville finally hit 50% capacity!
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/current/RES

They decided to choke off the Feather and raise the lake a little. I just hope that the steelhead and salmon fry in river don't all get eaten as a result of the low flows.

n2trout
04-10-2010, 07:42 AM
Fished it yesterday. I was amazed at how low the lake was. I have only been there like 3 times. What time of the year does it raise from snow melt and rain? Already using the lower ramp, would be nice to see it come up.

hotdog
04-10-2010, 08:04 AM
As the snow melts in April and May the level should continue to slowly rise but a lot of Oroville's supply is from rain run-off so it can drammatically jump after any heavy storm. It all depends on which watershed the storm passes, Lake Shasta is already at 88%. The guys in charge of the water releases from Oroville have done a really pathetic job which doesn't help.

CRABBY
04-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Last year was bad for ramps,this year unless something drastic happens,like close all the gates now,it will just get worse,and as HD stated the Feather will suffer an all the fish in it if they close the gates now,our state at its finest,who would have guessed:angry::angry:.Don