PDA

View Full Version : Collins Lake Tues Apr 13 2010

GuyBrown
04-14-2010, 07:32 AM
2 legals to 2#+, 5 hit/no stick. Hil Felton joined me for another Jolly Hookers Fishing Club, SIR outing. It was a slow day. 20 fish for 40 fishermen, largest 2# 11 oz. We caught ours on a Rapala down 2 colors and an orange Apex behind small orange flashers on the surface, both set-ups scented, mine with Trophy Trout gel. We trolled all day at speeds 0.9-1.5 mph. Two boats caught 5 fish each trolling in shallower water (10-20í). 6 hours (7-1), 7 miles on the electric trolling motor, 4 different locations. Water 53*, clear. Air 46-62*. Sky overcast to clear. Wind 0-4 mph. Tide: incoming. A great shore lunch after the fishing was enjoyed by all. Thanks for the company Hil.
Ps - Bill Crooks was not able to join me today as he made his way down to the Capitol today to protest AB 2336 (to terminate the management and protection of the public's striped bass fishery that inhabits the Bay-Delta estuary). The bill had been amended last evening. There was a good showing by the California Striped Bass Association with a bus transporting members of the West Delta, Isleton, Stockton and Modesto Chapters. This type of nuisance bill will continue to be presented, as those who want the water will keep coming back and coming back until we get grinded down. We canít let this happen.
Pps - For those readers who don't know SIR stands for Sons in Retirement, a large social club of retired, nearing retirement men. A member of SIR can join our fishing club which meets once a month for breakfast, and has outings every month to northern CA lakes, the delta and the ocean. Other SIR activities include golf, bowling, walking, travel, dining, etc. If you are interested in joining us, give me a call at 916-979-9589. See you out there.

Bee_Jay
04-14-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm kind of confused. I didn't know that a lake had a tide ? So what are you talking about a tide in a lake ???

michaelnel
04-14-2010, 05:13 PM
All bodies of water have a tide. They are all affected to some degree by the gravitational pull of the moon, which is what causes ocean tides.

I've never ever considered tide to have any noticeable effect on lakes or other small bodies of water though.

Bee_Jay
04-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Ok on the rivers and oceans having tides, but in my 60+ years of fishing I had never heard of a lake having a tide. Thought I might of missed something in all those years.

Fishbucket
04-14-2010, 09:10 PM
maybe you have.....:alien:

GuyBrown
04-15-2010, 07:15 AM
My reference to an incoming tide was intended as a joke. I fish in the Delta a lot where tides really occur. Usually when I fish in lakes & refer to tides it is a joke but I refer to a "slack", e.g. no tide. Regards.