PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport Res. For the Opener?

mariahpup
04-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Going to be fishing Twin Lakes and the Bridgeport Res. for the opener...have fished Twin for many years..(not lately) so have some knowledge of that spot....no knowledge of the Res. Not taking boat so looking for some tips on where and how to shore fish the Res....will stop in Ken's for a chat but would like some help from fellow "Sniffer's"
Luck to All
Mariahpup

Jetspray
04-20-2010, 08:37 AM
I am reading reports elsewhere that have browns and footballs showing up. Water levels should be OK as well, Topaz has risen quite a bit so I imagine that Bridgeport has likewise......Jetspray

bad man from bodie
04-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Last I heard from dad who lives in Lee Vining, lakes currently free of ice for the east side opener include from south to north;

Crowley Lake – Completely free,
Convict Lake – Free,
Gull and June Lake – Boats out trying to work ice free in conjunction with wind, may be partly open,
Bridgeport Res – Free,
Twin Lakes – Free,
Topaz – Free.

Sorry, I hear all other lakes are frozen. This will make for some good ice fishing if willing to go where the ice is safe, say above 8000ft or so (look into ice safety before venturing out please). Virginia Lakes will be good for ice fishing. Mt streams should be running with flows favorable for spring style fishing conditions until it gets warmer and breaks up the ice on those frozen lakes. With so few lakes free of ice on opening day, be prepared for competition and tight conditions on Crowley and Bridgeport Res. I assume DFG still has an allotted amount of fish to plant and with limited open water you may be able to expect better than average fishing for planters where DFG can get in.

Good Luck on opening day in the Eastern Sierra. Sorry I can’t go, have to work in northern Saskachawean. If you happen through Lee Vining, stop by the Lake View Lodge and say hi to my brother Tim. He will be knowledgeable to what water is producing.

B-RAN
04-20-2010, 06:51 PM
3 more days baby!:banana:

Jetspray
04-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Make sure you bring a VHF radio and swing it to 69 to get with other Sniffers.....Jetspray