PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Fishing - 23APR10

LuckyIrishFan
04-23-2010, 03:48 PM
I had some errands to do in the Union City area so I decided to head to Quarry for a few hours. I got to the lake around 0845hrs, and stayed till about 1315hrs. It was another beautiful day of fishing; it was slightly warm already when I got there with a slight breeze. The edge of the bank was nasty though, there was all that green and brown muck just lingering along the entire bank of Fisherman's Row, and it stunk:signs165xk:!!! Oh well, it did not stop me from fishing. But just before lunch time that muck cleared up and was pushed away from the breeze down towards the dock area. As soon as I tossed my first line in the water and set the bobber on it, I turn around to set up my other pole, and within two minutes my first pole starts to do its dance...:signfishon34hi6zv:. I reel in my first and only fish for the day, it was a 13incher. It was pretty slow for everyone fishing today along Fisherman's Row. Only a couple had 3-4 DFG size fishes on their stringer, and one guy to my right landed a nice 4lber as I was leaving. I had a great time fishing today, and I'll be back it one more time at Chabot early tomorrow morning. Good Luck to all of you fishing tomorrow, and FISH ON:biggrin:!!!

youngling
04-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the report Jeff. Glad you enjoyed your time out there even though it was slow. Fish on!

NorthBay Troutster
04-23-2010, 05:09 PM
It was a real nice day out there today. Yutdawg and i fished the Peninsula from 8 to 2 slow until we moved spots for the last two hours and the action was steady. Too bad we each had to take care of things or it would have turned into a real long day fast. Probably wont make it out till sunday! Good luck tomorrow! Fish On!

jmeds
04-23-2010, 09:00 PM
I fished Quarry today also. Luckyirishfan you must have been the gentleman next to me. I was the latin guy in the raiders sweatshirt. When you caught that fish I was like WTF!lol. Nice day for fishing but the bit was slow. A few bites between me and my partner but that was it. We fished from 6-930a.

fishingguysf
04-23-2010, 09:46 PM
LIF, glad to hear you were able to land something at Quarry. I was also at Quarry today with my gf, fished from 1:30pm to 5:45pm. We both caught our limits of Rainbows :bananatiedie:. I went 5 for 5 today, no misses!! My gf went 5 for 9 and had a doubler right before we were leaving to catch her limit. All were planter sizes from 13 to 15 inches. Caught 9 out of 10 on Rainbow Powerbait. 1 on Lime Twist Powereggs & White Powerworm. Had a couple of fishing buddies that hooked up with us late. One buddy caught a nice 3 pounder and ended up with 4 fish, should of had his limit, but one came off next to the shore. The other buddy went 3 for 5. Saw a couple of other guys get there limits also!!

Nice day fishing again with pretty steady action, but a little windy today. Plan on hitting Quarry again tomorrow with a fishing buddy. Until next time...

Fishon!!!