PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle tomorrow, 4/25

Blue
04-24-2010, 06:03 PM
My dad and I are planning on taking my two boys (3 and 9 years old) out to Del Valle tomorrow morning. Every time we've gone in the past we've rented boats but tomorrow we're planning on doing some bank fishing. I want to be there by 7am, does the area near the boat launch fill up fast? I'd like to get some real estate close to the parking lot, think 7am will be too late? Does the little shop sell nightcrawlers? Any suggestions? Thanks!! -Karl

Old_School
04-24-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure bout the bank spots, but they do have nightcrawlers. Good Luck.

Brutus20
04-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Welcome to the Sniffer Karl. The bank near the marina does get pretty crowded on weekends. You could park at the 1st parking lot as you come in & find a piece of bank close bye that you'd probably have all to yourself till about 0900. As the weather gets nicer the spots near parking get quite crowded.
Good Luck
.............................Brutus..............

Blue
04-25-2010, 04:05 PM
I don't think I'll ever fish the bank at Del Valle again until my kids are older and we can haul our crap down a trail. I live in San Jose, work construction, and don't think I've ever heard as much spanish as I heard today which is saying something. We got there at 7am, thought we had a good place, it was just us, and then when about 8:00 rolled around, the park started to get busy and every latino in the county was out there burning wood (looked like a bunch of pallet material and it stank) in the bbq pits, playing loud mariachi music, there was 3-4 small generators running, (ADULTS) throwing big rocks into the water where we were fishing, people trying to swim right where we were fishing where it was VERY clearly marked NO SWIMMING. We were chasing people out left and right it was absolutely insane. I'm not saying these people were illegal immigrants, but the only quiet I got was when a park ranger or the cop on the motorcycle cruised by. All of the "sureno" gang tags all over the park was a nice touch too. There was also a drunk guy with two kayaks that was taking people out in the water with him, and he decided to use the spot where my family and 2 other families were fishing to launch/remove his kayaks. WTF is wrong with using the boat launch or somewhere that isnt in the middle of everyones fishing action? Nobody out there had any common courtesy it was absolutely awful. Next time I'm taking a boat, and getting away from all of the loonies. Anyways, we only landed one planter trout and decided to keep the little guy, it was a gut hook and he wasn't doin so well. We had a bunch of bites but the night crawlers they sold there were super soft. We'll do better next time.

michaelnel
04-25-2010, 06:28 PM
So sorry to hear of your nasty experience, Blue. I don't blame you for wanting to stay away from a scene like that. There are inconsiderate people out on the water in boats too (people, please try not to generate big wakes with your power boats!), but not like you experienced.

Two trips for me, and I don't think I will return until fall, if at all.

LuckyIrishFan
04-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Blue, I'm sorry to hear that you and your family had to deal with that horrible madness:undecided:. I feel like people like that should be depleted of their own oxygen supply for not having any common courtesy or the lack of respect for anglers who just want to enjoy a fun and peaceful time with the family, or if we are out there on our own. And to hear adults throwing rocks...well they should of been the receiving end of a rock being thrown at their hollow noggin. In my own perfect world...I feel that the DV staff should be aware of what's going on in the water and they should enforce something or do something so that it will never happen, maybe even cite people for disruptive behavior...In my own perfect world:). Blue, my fellow sniffer comrade, I hope you have a better time next time you fish at DV or any other lake in the near future. I am glad to see that you at least landed a fish. Good Luck on the next fishing trip, and FISH ON:grin:!!!

Blue
04-25-2010, 06:41 PM
We still had a good time overall inbetween the circus, I just couldn't believe it all. It was an absolute madhouse. I understand that it's a public place, and when kids are throwing rocks I normally don't say much because normally they figure it out on their own after a few minutes and they flutter off onto something else to do. But man, I've never been so disapointed with so many adults at one time.

JefffromLivermore
04-25-2010, 07:45 PM
I guess I'm too sheltered but what does that gang tag look like?
It usually isn't like that where I fish but then again I usually take a long walk or fish a non popular spot and still do well.
The boats are clean and nice and the lake is big so you can get away from folks.

Brutus20
04-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Well we dont throw rocks or play music and if we go on the weekends we hike far enough to avoid such. But we do have a gang tag

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af12/millhand1685/tag.jpg

.............................Brutus............... ...

trebleface
04-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Parks get packed easy especially on weekends and ULTRA packed on weekend holidays. Wait till Labor day heh. So now I try to get out right when the gates open