PDA

View Full Version : San Pablo Resevoir

brillfish
04-24-2010, 07:25 PM
My friend and I fished at San Pablo today and limited out! I suspect this place will bust loose by with in the next 2 weeks as long as the rains stay away. The water level is so high that my favorite spots fishing from shore are no longer available. The weird thing is, is that 6 of the 10 trout we caught did NOT seem to be planters. They had more color, and thicker backs, and were also filled with roe. 2 of those six were full of shad! But the funny thing is that these shad that were in their bellies didn't look like the typical Threadfin shad! These shad were only about 2" long and did not have the dot behind the gills. And did not have the yellow fins and "thread" that comes out of the dorsal fin. Does anyone know what kind of fish this could be?

fishingguysf
04-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the report on San Pablo Res. It sounds like you guys caught 6 of the Mt. Lassen Trouts that they plant in there. Those have nice color to them and are a lot thicker & longer than the normal DFG planters. Some of them the meat are pinkish inside. Were you fishing from bank or in a boat today? Congrats on catching your limits!!!

Fishon!!!

fishwishin
04-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Any pictures? We would love to see them! Good job!

:cool: