PDA

View Full Version : Camanche

FISHIN_BUDDY
04-26-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm thinking of talking my son to Camanche for a little fishing bonding time... any recent reports? suggestions.

I have a small aluminum boat, a decent FF and poor mans down-riggers (a couple of two piece sturgy rods with 80# braid, with the top half of the rod missing with line counter) and some trout trolling terminal gear.

Yosemite Sam
04-27-2010, 04:05 PM
I spent last Thursday, Friday and Saturday up there and caught a few fish. We had to work for them. Caught nine on Thur. and nine again on Fri and only five on Sat.

Not much luck toplining grubs, most fish caught between 5-25' with a dodger with a nightcrawler trailer.
Two fish over 3 lbs. and one at 23". Caught a few with Rapalas- orange brokenback.

Fished mostly around big and little Hat Isl. Not a bite in the narrows or up the river.

Hope this helps, good luck-YS

FISHIN_BUDDY
04-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the report and info YS... Nine fish is not too bad, I guess it depends how may hour you put in. Im beginning to think that maybe Collins is a better bet though I've never fished there before. Its a smaller lake and they to stock regularly. Not too many reports on camanche lately...