PDA

View Full Version : Quarry apr 25

youngling
04-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Fished the peninsula from 0510-0930 with FishermanFred and a few of the regulars there. First nibble was at 0520 when I hear my bell jingle but doesn't go up. Actually a few anglers around me also got nibbles in the dark hours probably from the DFG plants not taking the bait completely. The angler to my right finally got a fish around 0630. And around this time when it started to get brighter many anglers were pulling in their catches, but most were DFGs. I finally got one around 0700 which was the usual DFG size too. The bites were steady left and right of me at the peninsula between 0630-0800 then it stopped afterwards as it became warmer. Great day out on the water. Saw a 2-3lb bass cruising the shore as an angler tried to entice it with a jig but with no luck. However a 5lb bass was landed left of me. Managed to get another bite which was close to a pound so I went home with 2 on the stringer by 0930. The angler next to me went home with his limit. Biggest trout I saw getting pulled in was a 3.5lber way right of me. Nice day out on the water. Until next time FISH ON!

LuckyIrishFan
04-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Congrats on landing some fish Matt..."Catching fish is a bonus" Thanks for sharing the latest Quarry report. FISH ON:grin:!!!

fishingguysf
04-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Matt, thanks for the report and glad you got some action! Was curious how the fishing was on Sunday, since I was there Saturday and the catching seemed a little slower than the previous days. At least there were a few lunkers caught on Saturday when I was there. Plan on hitting Quarry on Thursday, so will probably hook up with Fisherman Fred out at the Peninsula in the afternoon.

Fishon!!!

GNappers
04-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks Matt, I was considering giving Quarry a try but since you aren't catching any hogs I may try Chabot. Good job, going home with fish is better then any skunk.