PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes 4-29

Mario510
04-29-2010, 03:33 PM
My brother and I hit up Quarry today to try for some trout. He arrived around 9am and got into the water by 9:20am. We tried the peninsula and about an hour into it my bro had a nibble but nothing came out of it. He used green power eggs. About 30 minutes after that some other guys came and sat to the left of us. Not more than 10 minutes after they came another man on the left of them hooked then I hooked and then one of there partners hooked. ALL AT THE SAME TIME! My brother and I ended up with only one between the 2 of us but the other guys had 3 when we left at noon. I was using white power eggs. The fish that I caught was just a dink but catching 1 fish always better then catching none. Oh yeah the game warden also came up on us through the trees and check for our licenses so beware. If anyone was here today let me know about your day.
Mario510

youngling
04-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the report M510. Its awesome when everybody gets hits almost the same time! I wished that happen more often though. Well FISH ON!

LuckyIrishFan
04-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Great report M510:)!!! Thanks for sharing the Quarry report. As for the game warden, EBRPD is always out there more often than the last two years. Congrats on landing fish, and FISH ON:biggrin:!!!

JefffromLivermore
04-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the report Mario.
I really like that handicapped fishing pier they have there. I wish they had some of those spread out around Del Valle.
Did the algae bloom finish or is it still on?

CRESTLINER 08
04-29-2010, 09:20 PM
sounds like the school moved in,right on good stuff !!!! thanks for the report. welcome to the sniffer....

fishingguysf
04-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Mario, I fished Quarry from 2:30pm to 6:30pm. Started at the Peninsula and fished there until 4:00pm. Wind was blowing hard, but did manage to get two bites. Went 1 for 2, landing the first one and missing the second one. Wind would not stop and had the place pretty much to myself. Fishermen Fred came by and talked me into fishing Fisherman's Row the rest of the day. Fished from 4:30pm to 6:30pm over at Fisherman's Row. Heard that pretty much everyone caught limits there in the morning. Saw a few fish on stringers. Did not get any bites over there. Pretty slow fishing for me today. Great to be out there, but the wind made it cold!!! Until next time....

Fishon!!!

Cosmic Wind
05-01-2010, 09:13 AM
I fished Quarry Lakes yesterday from 3:30 PM TO 7:30 PM and landed 4 out of 5 trout with the last fish biting around 7:30 PM breaking my line near the hook. I never get to see that fish but i thought that it's probably a whooper since i had my rod bent over like never before. Being my first time on this lake i was surprise by the appearance of a huge orange carp probably well over 12-15 lbs. feeding on insects near where i was fishing.