PDA

View Full Version : Collins Lake? 4/29

mariahpup
04-30-2010, 08:26 AM
Any reports on how Collins is fishing these days?

zigzag
05-01-2010, 08:31 AM
I was out there Thursday and the lake water is very close to going over the spillway. With the lake being this high it limits the number of bank-fishing spots, so it was crowded at the beach area. Fished there for three hours and 'saw' two trout caught, green power bait. One fisherman said they planted the weekend before. Heard a few of the boaters talking and they had much better results.

Don
05-02-2010, 08:21 AM
I was there Tues-Thur. rained tues and most of the day Wed. Wed.afternon we fished about a hour and then it rained and it hailed thunder and lighting and the wind blew.Other then that it was perfect.Thur cought two.One 2.4 and 2.7 Fri before check out got one more 2.8
All on Shasta sling blade and a N.C. 16" leader 125 ' back and 10' deep and 2mph.
Good deal on N.C at the Collins store.$3.60 A dozen. That is about double THANKS. I forgot and left mine in the boat and they didn't make it. (spell check isn't working,But you can make it out)
Don

FISHIN_BUDDY
05-03-2010, 11:06 AM
I fished the lake Friday... with nothing to show for it. Saw a few trout catch here and there, nothing too big. I wasnt expecting too much for a first timer, but even pb did not produce. This lake reminds me of Amador. Lots of good stories, a few catch but most leave with nothing. I troll rapalas, wedding rings with & w/o a half crawler, with doggers,and other lures. Oh welll I had a good time with my son, thought he was kinda disappointed.

Etray
05-05-2010, 10:48 AM
im heading up there saturday i will post when i get back.

Split_shot_1
05-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Was there on 4-26 after reading in the paper that you could stick your toe in the water and catch at least 5 fish. Well, something must be wrong with my toe's. Started out at 9am didn't get a bite until 1:30. Talk to about 6 people, one had 3 rest nothing. Don't belive the newspaper.

buckman78
05-06-2010, 03:44 PM
yeah that lake got me too. i would read a report about the bite being really hot, then i would go out there the next week and NOTHING. but it just wasnt me, the bite seemed to shut off for the whole lake.