PDA

View Full Version : Stampede.

Trout Tracker
05-02-2010, 06:41 PM
I want to beat the mad rush Memorial day weekend and am planning a trip to Stampede the weekend of 5-15.I'm leaveing Sacramento O dark thirty Friday morning and hope to find a camp ground that is open.
Called the Forestry Dept in Truckee and didn't get alot of positive from the lady i talked to about the camp grounds being open.But i'm still going.Something has to be open.
I want to take the boat and do some trolling for trout,Kokes and possibly Macks.
I know that each lake is different.
Will Dodgers,sling blades ,flasher/crawler combo work for trout.
Got some hoochies for the Kokes and the Macks i have no idea about.
What could i use and how deep.
Thanks .
TT

buckman78
05-05-2010, 02:11 PM
i will be heading up there next thursday. i will report back on how i did. this will be my first time up there too, so i am just going to be using what ever i can find on these posts, plus going with my wifes grandpa, he said he knows that lake pretty well.
i have been on this site for a few years and just recently stumbled on these forums. i dont even want to begin to think of all the fish i missed by just not finding these forums sooner.

Trout Tracker
05-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Buckman.
Thanks for the post and welcome to the fishsniffer.
I will be leaveing Sacramento Friday the 14th about 5-6 am.
I will be looking for your post.
TT

buckman78
05-09-2010, 03:32 PM
hey TT, i dont think we are hitting up stampede this week after all. grandpa is not feeling up for the drive. just wanted to let you know. good luck this weekend though.

Trout Tracker
05-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa.Hope he feels better soon.
I will report back as to how things went.
TT

CRABBY
05-09-2010, 06:30 PM
TT.try this site out,www.minermoes.com,hes been there a lot recently,call him,let him know you are from the sniffer board,he a bud an should be able to help.Don