PDA

View Full Version : fish finder help

sturgeong
05-06-2010, 08:56 PM
was thinking of getting the lowrance mark x5 thay have two different ones what is the difference from the pro i know it has to do with the transducer but just dont understand it all i fish mostly the bay and napa river any help would be great thanks

ReelJerks
05-07-2010, 06:04 AM
For the 5X Pro

Powerful yet simplified performance, only Mark fishfinders offer legendary Lowrance features with a newly-optimized automatic mode for high-performance finding with turn-on-and-fish ease. Along with easy-to-use menus, there’s also an Advanced User Mode for fine-tuning to water conditions.

The Mark-5x Pro includes a high-resolution 5 in./12.7 cm, 480x480 pixel Film SuperTwist LCD that maximizes visibility and target detail and separation even in direct sunlight. Adjustable, bright-white LED screen and keypad backlight for day or night viewing. In addition to wider, dual-frequency 83/200 kHz sonar coverage, this powerful 300W RMS sounder provides fishfinding to 1,000 ft./305 m depths.

New case/mounting design for easy one-hand tilt/swivel view adjustment provides simple installation - also fits same cut-out for previous 5 in./7 cm models for in-dash installations. New uniplug 1/4-turn connectors - compatible with earlier Lowrance and Eagle uniplug installations to simplify upgrades.

And for the 5X
Powerful yet simplified performance, only Mark fishfinders offer legendary Lowrance features with a newly-optimized automatic mode for high-performance finding with turn-on-and-fish ease. Along with easy-to-use menus, there’s also an Advanced User Mode for fine-tuning to water conditions.

The Mark-5x display is a high-resolution 5 in./12.7 cm, 480x480 pixel Film SuperTwist LCD that maximizes visibility and target separation even in direct sunlight. Adjustable, bright-white LED screen and keypad backlight for day or night viewing. Potent 200W RMS power provides fishfinding to 800 ft./244 m depths with the Skimmer® transom-mount transducer with built-in temp sensor.

New case/mounting design for easy one-hand tilt/swivel view adjustment provides simple installation - also fits same cut-out for previous 5 in./7 cm models for in-dash installations. New uniplug 1/4-turn connectors - compatible with earlier Lowrance and Eagle uniplug installations to simplify upgrades.

sturgeong
05-07-2010, 06:48 AM
I still dont understand the differntce between the dual frecance on the pro and the 200 skimmer tranduceron the other one

ReelJerks
05-07-2010, 08:01 AM
I still dont understand the differntce between the dual frecance on the pro and the 200 skimmer tranduceron the other one

For the 5X Pro
In addition to wider, dual-frequency 83/200 kHz sonar coverage, this powerful 300W RMS sounder provides fishfinding to 1,000 ft./305 m depths.

And for the 5X
Potent 200W RMS power provides fishfinding to 800 ft./244 m depths with the Skimmer® transom-mount transducer with built-in temp sensor.

Another benefit of the 83/200 is that in a crowded area you can switch to the 83 kHz and avoid the crosstalk interference created by other 200 kHz transducers.

What are you using for a chart plotter or GPS? If nothing, you may like to consider a combo unit.

Edd

sturgeong
05-07-2010, 03:19 PM
For the 5X Pro
In addition to wider, dual-frequency 83/200 kHz sonar coverage, this powerful 300W RMS sounder provides fishfinding to 1,000 ft./305 m depths.

And for the 5X
Potent 200W RMS power provides fishfinding to 800 ft./244 m depths with the Skimmer® transom-mount transducer with built-in temp sensor.

Another benefit of the 83/200 is that in a crowded area you can switch to the 83 kHz and avoid the crosstalk interference created by other 200 kHz transducers.

What are you using for a chart plotter or GPS? If nothing, you may like to consider a combo unit.

Edd
so i take it the pro is the one to get

ReelJerks
05-09-2010, 04:04 PM
If I were buying, and fishing deeper than 4oo feet where I needed to see the bottom, I'd buy the pro. But! Only if I couldn't afford an HDS unit.

Edd