PDA

View Full Version : San pablo reservoir.

FISHnTENNIS
05-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Anyone fished there lately?

dirty3hirties
05-12-2010, 12:40 PM
I went Sat 5/1. Started off at Sandy Point....pretty late start though cuz we could not launch till 7:00. Probably started fishing a little after 7:45 AM. Stayed for 1 1/2 hours....no bites whatsoever. Used Powereggs, powerbait and worms. Tried scents of all kinds. Nothing. Moved to an area outside of Scow Canyon. Got hit within 10 min. For the next 4 1/2 hours, we landed 17 for 3 anglers. All about 1 1/2 lbs...maybe a few getting close to 2.

I haven't been to SP in a while but they must be stocking a different class fish because they ALL had pink meat. No DFG dinks for us (although they still plant those).

We scented heavily with anise....that seemed to be the key. The water was pretty stained and we wouldn't let the bait soak too long before recasting. Don't know if anise will product like it did last time, but you might want to get a scent of some sort at least.

Talked to a lot of boaters who trolled by....horrible results. Maybe 1 to no fish/boat.

Look up my report from 5/1. More details.

FISHnTENNIS
05-12-2010, 01:01 PM
wow, good catch and calls. thanks!

FISHnTENNIS
05-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Went to san pablo today , got there around 5:45am, oh man what a line of customers waiting... lines in at 6:20, first bite at 9am 14incher, second bite at 11am 17 incher, other then that it was really slow, left at 11:30 for my tennis match. checked all the other peoples stringers and they had maybe at most 2 but were really small. Ill be back tomorrow!