PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance HDS Update 3.0

ReelJerks
05-12-2010, 07:50 AM
This is the latest software update from Lowrance for HDS units. Caution! There are special installation instructions for the HDS-5X.

What changes are made in this update?
HDS 3.0 includes all functionality previously included with 2.5 update along with the following:

Support for FastScan mode with BR24 broadband radar
MARPA support for BR24, LRA 1800 or LRA 2400 radars
Guard zones support for BR24, LRA 1800 and LRA 2400 radars
Monitoring of DSS load controllers – limited configurations
Interoperable with Mercury SmartCraft N2k Gateway
Display of SIRIUS® fuel pricing (land based stations only); subscription required
Navionics improvements including:

Trackline extension (both time and distance)
Fish & Chips functionality
Corrected bug associated with gap between trail and vessel position
Corrected bug associated with displaying text upside down
Corrected bug with reading 2010 micro-SD mapping cards
Showing/Hide Restricted Areas

Faster processing of LGC-4000 positioning data
New low-voltage alarm with user defined trigger threshold
Expanded support of coordinate systems
Translation of LORAN coordinates
Improved Night mode operation with 2D Insight Charting
Backlight synchronization on networked systems
XTF file support for StructureScan equipped systems
AIS Icon Filters

You can get it HERE: http://www.lowrance.com/Downloads/Product-Software-Updates/HDS-3-software-version-and-demonstration-files/

Edd

Polebrother
05-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Interesting. I just purchased an HDS 7 (newly installed on my boat, haven't had it out yet)and doubt it contains the 3.0 update. Please help me here. Will I have to purchase an SD/MMS card, drivers and firmware to render my HDS 7 capable of receiving downloaded Lowrance updates? Don't remember seeing any of that stuff in the box when the HDS 7 unit arrived. Thanks.

By the way, I think this is a great thread topic as it is helping me, the novice of all novices when it comes to marine electronics, ask, seek and find information which so far has been very useful.

ReelJerks
05-12-2010, 09:44 AM
You will need an SD card of 512 MB or larger up to 4 Gig, and a card reader for your computer. Everything else is pretty straight forward from the Lowrance site. Several of us here can help you through the process if you have problems.

Edd

ReelJerks
05-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Finished my upgrade and I'm very pleased with Navico. I was all prepared to reload all my manual settings, routes and waypoints after the install, as with past software upgrades. Lo-and-behold! Not the case anymore. Everything stayed as it was prior to the upgrade to 3.0.

Thanks to the techies at Navico.

Edd

Radical
05-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I am downloading it now.