PDA

View Full Version : twin lakes next week...suggestions?

erikhajek
05-14-2010, 01:25 PM
heading up to twin lakes next thursday and we are looking for suggestions. i see that the "captain" has not had a lot of luck lately and that scares me:hissyfit: has anyone been up there this week and have a report? we will have a boat and probably hitting upper twin again like last year. we didn't have the greatest luck and only caught a few on the top with a golden/red dot thomas bouant spoon.

does anyone have a suggestion on twin lakes? upper or lower? what is a good trolling speed for these lakes? i know that a lot of people are using bait from shore and rapala's from the boats but are there any spots to fish or color/pattern to use.

i think we trolled to slow last year (0.9 to 1.1 mph). what does everyone think? suggestions.

as always, just happy to get away from work for a few days.:grinn:

thanks

skunk

CrappieJed
05-14-2010, 01:42 PM
i think Tioga pass is closed how you going?

CJ

erikhajek
05-14-2010, 02:17 PM
we are heading up from sacramento (folsom) to tahoe and over the hill to 395 south. normally cut across morman imigrant pass to 88 to 395 but that pass is closed usually till june.

any suggestions on the fishing?:a-fish:

erikhajek
05-15-2010, 07:42 PM
is the fishing that bad that no one wants to talk about it????:cry:

Athlete24
05-15-2010, 09:34 PM
I don't have much info for you but ken's sporting goods in Bridgeport usually has all the latest info and I think they usually have a report on their website too.

http://www.kenssport.com/fishingreports.html

tonyscog
05-17-2010, 12:23 PM
LOL, for the twins id bet its been so good no ones talking about it.. a guy has already caught a 14 pound brown from upper twins i believe... traditionally upper has better size and lower has the better numbers but small fish...
WHat to use? welll thats all gonna be preference, just find the right color and depth u will be set

iggybabble
05-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Adjust your speed with the lure right next to the boat, you want a good wobble out of a spoon, but no spin......look for the same speed that you would retrieve it if you were casting it.....i usually troll 110-130 feet behind the boat, i use a device that Luhr Jensen makes called a troll-eaze, its a trolling rudder designed to eliminate line spin and add weight to increase depth.....you can add or subtract egg sinkers to change depth. Thomas Buoyants, Needlefish, Phoebe, Z-ray, have all worked for me......lighter line usually gets better results, i use 4-6 lb. Ken's can set you up with the latest hot set up.