PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Pine Reservoir?

BlackBandit
05-15-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm going to try and hit Sugar Pine for the first time tomorrow, while looking at the map it doesn't seem like its easy access to the water; If anyone knows if you have to walk to the water and where the best place to park is that would be very helpful.

Thanks

BlackBandit

panther
05-15-2010, 05:00 PM
BlackBandit,

The access is very good. Pavement to the lake and good parking. I hope that you do well there. I don't know the lake well enough to offer tips.

Panther

Cosmic Wind
05-15-2010, 09:31 PM
The access to the lake is 15 miles of twisting road from I-80. Once you pass the dam take the first left turn to the boat launch and you park your vehicle next to the ramp. We went there on Tuesday for the last 2 weeks and my co worker finally caught a fish between the 4 of us. We saw a lot of fish but mostly out in the middle of the lake. You need to present your bait above the weeds so the fish will see it and the shoreline to the left of the parking lot has a lot of it as you get closer to the dam. My co worker caught a very nice 1.5 lbs Eagle Lake rainbow trout last Tuesday to break our streak. Check out the turn-of-the-century cemetery just past the town of Iowa Hill on your way to the reservoir.

Canoefish
05-16-2010, 07:24 AM
I'll be there a week from today and could use some tips if anybody knows. Anybody done well from a boat? What's working? Temps? Bass heading up?

Thanks for any info.

BlackBandit
05-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks for all the advice, I definitely adhere to it.

Thanks

BlackBandit~!

auburnfisher
05-16-2010, 07:03 PM
If you have a boat, sugar pine is red hot right now since they've been stocking it. I went with my daughter Saturday morning and we rarely trolled for 5 minutes without a hit. Several doubles. Mostly planters but a few nice looking fish (nothing of size really). Use a small dodger like a seps sidekick in watermelon. Then 2' of mono and a mini-crawler. We used 1/8 oz and 3/8 oz keel weights to reduce line twist and get bait down a few more feet. Use same dodger set up, and changed to needlefish and rapalas and action was almost as good as mini-crawler. We caught nothing between dam and launch. The other end of the lake is where they were stacked up