PDA

View Full Version : Lake DV on my Toon!

FoldCat81
05-15-2010, 09:58 PM
In the water at 7:30am, overcast with a slight wind. Lots of boats out today plus some kind of cub scouts camping thing...

Started across the marina and drifted with a choive and 2nd rod had a egg/worm combo. Fished for about 30 min for nothing, water temp was a warm 67 and no fish on the finder. So my brother and I went towards the narrows and I see some fish on the finder and we drifted there. As I am getting to cast the boat next to us lands a nice fatty. Within minutes after casting I get a bite on the egg/worm combo, 15 inch nice color. So we are thinking its going to be a good day. The guy at the gate said they had a 500LB Lasson plant yesterday.

Worked are way to S.Cove and back without any bites, ended the day at 2pm. When we got back to the launch there was a line as other boaters were leaving and everyone said it was slow, cleaning station was dry. A guy was walking back from bank fishing, liked like he had a few on his stringer.

One fish for the day, better then getting skunked I guess and it turned out to be a nice day out.

Fish On

Troutbanker
05-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Had a slow day myself as well today with a few of my friends. After 6 hours of no action banking it, I finally got a 3 to 4lber. That was it for 8 poles out between us and didn't see many trollers doing well in Swallow Bay.

FoldCat81
05-16-2010, 06:30 PM
I hear that they did a lot better in the dam area. I think the water level is still too high and the water was kinda warm. But it has been slow at DV, can't wait for the striper bite!