PDA

View Full Version : Worst Sounding Best Tasting Salmon Trout Kokanee Recipe

Fishmeister
05-20-2010, 02:52 PM
First time I had this I was fishing with a bunch of guys up at Eagle Lake. We caught some really nice ones. One of the guys offered to cook them up for dinner. When I saw what he was doing I nearly cried. Could of sworn he had wrecked the whole batch of trout. Turns out to be some of the best I had ever eaten.

Make a tinfoil pan out of heavy duty aluminum foil large enough to lay our the fillets. Fold the sides to be 1 inch or so. Spray with Pam or oil with olive oil. Lay fillets skin side down on aluminum pan.

Sprinkle liberally with your favorite seasoning salt. I'm a Johnny's fan.
Dowse with tobasco sauce. Don't be shy with the tobasco
Coat well with your favorite BBQ Sauce. I'm a Sweet Baby Ray's Original fan.

Place in BBQ over medium heat. Close lid. Don't look at for 20 minutes.

Serve.

The homemade aluminum pan is for easy cleanup a regular baking pan would work fine.

Kokekook
07-23-2010, 05:57 AM
Actually sounds good fishmeister. Let me add one. Just got back from a week at Flaming Gorge. We had kokanee tacos one night. Start out with bell peppers (any or all colors), mince peppers and bacon, garlic, onions, salt and pepper. Let simmer. Get Kokanee fillets going,cubed in your favorite mexican taco seasoning in another pan. 5 or 6 minutes, mix the two pans ingredients into one pan. Simmer another 6 to 10 minutes. Heat taco shells insert meat mixture into a shell, top with shredded cabbage mix, pepper jack cheese, lime juice and your favorite salsa. Eat until sick. The best fish taco i've ever eaten.
Kokekook