View Full Version : is it worth it???

04-18-2008, 07:04 AM
hey all-
it's been about a year since i was on these boards. been MIA, so to speak. it's good to be back!!!
i can only get out on weekends, and i REALLY WANT to get out sunday for 'butts(for the first time this year). however, with the wind i don't want to waste my time...(and $$$)
what would YOU do???
any reliable wind forcasts??? the tide looks good (to me)

04-18-2008, 07:46 AM
Sunday is supposed to be really windy. If I were you I'd hold off for a better day.

04-18-2008, 10:09 AM
That wind is a tough call. I went yesterday (Thursday), as we were getting mixed predictions on the wind that day. It turned out to be flat calm all morning, but quite windy in the afternoon, and we did manage to catch three halibut. So, if you decide to go, launch early in the morning to better ensure that you get at least 1/2 day of good fishing in.

04-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Check out this site lets you see the wind predictions for the next 2 days every 6 hours. Also if you have an incoming tide it will keep the waves down some and make it possible to fish for awhile until the tide switches or the wind really kicks up. Other options are the south bay, launching at Oyster on the SF side or San Leandro on the Oakland side, if they are at Berkeley there are fish down there also ;) and sometimes the winds effect will be much later in the day.