PDA

View Full Version : Trolling Ice House

bsmith95610
06-10-2010, 02:33 PM
I am going to be taking my aluminum boat up to Ice House this weekend to do some trolling. I don't have any down riggers though. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to troll with? I figured I would put my line out 100 feet or so and throw a dodger or luhr jensen on there then throw a spoon or spinner on about two to three feet behind it. I have not trolled a lot so any suggestions would be great. Also do I need to put a weight on to get it down deeper or should I do alright on the surface.

Drifter
06-10-2010, 03:18 PM
I would put on some flashers with a 1/2 oz of weight above the flashers and troll a worm 1 foot behind the flashers. Should do ok....especially since they just planted Ice House.

Good luck

Drifter

bsmith95610
06-10-2010, 03:28 PM
When you say put a worm on do you mean a senko? Or are you saying a skinny realistic looking two inch worm?

MasterBaiter
06-10-2010, 04:00 PM
We trolled there last weekend and got them with small seps flashers, trailed by a weighted white jig head with an orange body (curly tail).

Also tried with kastmasters and rapalas.

Did real good with the jig, only a few strikes with the others.

Good Luck....

Lunkerslaughter
06-10-2010, 06:07 PM
I usually use a half of a live nightcrawler behind the dodger on a single hook. Get some trout dip and put it on your worm and dodgers. Maybe start with no weight and see if there biting on top. If they're not then you can put on the weights. I will go up to 2 oz of weights. Remember 1 oz of weight 100ft back will take it down 10ft. Use bright dodgers if it's cloudy. Silver and white if it's sunny. These are just some of the methods I use and usually will catch fish, but every day is different so be open to try new things till you find what is workin. Good luck