PDA

View Full Version : Lake Davis derby

BigFishWhite
06-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Fished the derby Five years in a row. This year have not decided to fish or not. Fishing was great before they killed all the fish because of the pike. Last year the new stocker fish had worms from head to tail. So much you didd'nt want to touch the fish. This year I hope the fish are healthy like they used to be. At one time this lake was one the best healthy big football looking rainbows there were. Hopefully the fishery could bounce back and be even better.

crappieman67
06-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Leaving tomorrow night to the cabin, will be fishing the derby at first light sat morning.

I 'll be in my little 12' green colmen crawdad, trolling and i'll have my vhf on channel 69, give me call.

good luck to you

Chris

michaelnel
06-17-2010, 04:42 PM
3/4 of the fish I have caught at Lake Davis this year have been infected with those hideous copepods. I feel sorry for the fish (how uncomfortable must that be, and no way to scratch them!) but man, I really don't like handling those fish.

When you see all those fish jumping 2 feet out of the water at Davis, they are trying to knock the copepods off.