PDA

View Full Version : Black and White kitty at Del Valle today..

chefchandler
06-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Got out to the lake at 6:30 and in the water by 7. Tried something new today and had one pole with an inflated crawler and PE and the other pole rigged with shad for some stripper.. Within 15 minutes I had a huge hit on the crawler and had a fish on.. Line went slack for a minute but I figured out he was swimming tword me and then he started fighting. About 10 feet from shore I see his beautiful rainbow and then he was gone. http://www.imhooked.com/forumsyabb/Templates/Forum/default/angry.gif Got another worm on and got back out there.. About 5 min later my buddy got a hit on his shad but nothing stuck.. That was the only action we had all day.. Oh well tomorrow I will be fishing with my Dad and little girl so hopefully the fishing will be better.. We are fishing at Contra Loma or the Antioch Pier. Anybody have any information on those to places? Any help would be great because I really want to get my lil one and Dad on some fish.. Thanks everyone and Happy Fathers Day
to all those Dad's out there..

Fish On,
Chef

JefffromLivermore
06-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Was that you just around the corner from the end of tha narrows?

I fished my cat spot and it was epic, a huge heavy stringer (30lb+) and I also released a bunch. I basically caught cats non stop for hours.
I trolled back with a fire tiger deep diver shad rap and picked up an undersize striper in front of the swim beach,
I was up there the other evening and noted the stripers boiling feeding on the fresh trout right near the boat launch.
I would troll a big trout colored plug if you want a striper.

Klamdog
06-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Chef,
If you're considering Contra Loma, or the Antioch pier, and you want your little girl to catch some fish, I would take her to the pier! Get a bag of anchovies, and you won't be able to keep the small stripers away, she'll love it! And, you do always have a chance of hooking up with a bigger fish as well! Also, bring a 1/2# of shad, and a rig that you can cast a ways off the pier if you can, and this will help you stay away from the shakers, and a better chance at larger fish! Good luck!

lucky923
06-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi Jeff whats your trick to catching cats at DV I'm new to cat fishing thanks Bob

chefchandler
06-19-2010, 09:30 PM
Jeff that was me and my buddy around the corner past the narrow's.. Where you on a boat? Sounded like you had a way better day than we did.. Klamdog thanks for the info on these places. I have been to the pier and caught my first stripper there but he was only about 10 inches.. Hopefully I will have a good report for fathers day..

Fish On,
Chef

lucky923
06-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Sorry to steal your thread Chef And happy fathers day to all us dad's and hope you have a great day in Antioch with your daughter

fishingguysf
06-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Hey Chef, my gf and I fished Contra Loma today from 1:00pm to 8:00pm, met my fishing buddy Phil out there. We fished the Chanel Point area on the fishing dock. Fishing was slow for us and I landed a nice 1.5 lbs Rainbow and my gf & buddy got skunked. A guy fishing there on the dock with us, caught 3 Rainbows, two were around 4 lbs each. He caught them on Chartreuse Powerbait and I caught mine on inflated nightcrawler. Use some sort of attractant, if your fishing for trout. They just dumped 500lbs of catfish in there, so if you like to fish for cats, it might be good. Saw a guy with a few cats on his stringer today.

If you make it out to Contra Loma, try either Chanel Point area or the launch area. I have seen guys catching bass & catfish using a bobber & nightcrawler around the launch area.

Good luck if you make it out there and Happy Father's Day!!!

Fishon!!!