PDA

View Full Version : Loon Lake...?

Captn ofthe Crest
07-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Has anybody caught quality fish out of Loon in the last 2 weeks or so...?

fishwishin
07-28-2010, 12:11 PM
A co-worker went up there last weekend. He camped next to a couple of guys that have fished that lake for the past 30 years or so. They both told him the bite was off. I wish I had more detailed info. for you, but that is what I heard.
:cool:

3jchene
07-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Has anybody caught quality fish out of Loon in the last 2 weeks or so...?

I was up there this past Friday - Sunday and fished both Fri & Sat evenings.
It was my 1st time up there and I cannot believe how beautiful it is there. I am going to go out of my way to get in another trip there before Fall.

I caught fish in the "magic hour". Basically the last 60-90 minutes before dark, the closer to dark the better.
Trolling 4" blue/pink rapala's 7-8 colors 12lb lead core, near 40 feet with the rap diving.

Fish were all 13-15" and the 3 I kept was pretty & pink inside.

I was able to run/learn the lake with a good map to avoid rocks & plot on the handheld then just trolled from 40-75 feet.

22koke
07-31-2010, 09:37 AM
Caught three nice 12"ers trolling, in four hours last week. Lost three at boat. Dodgers and crawlers. Topline to 20'. Nothing prettier than Loon on a brisk day.

Jason
08-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Fished Loon yesterday and today. Yesterday we got 9 before the wind picked up. Went out early this morning and we had 8 in 3 hours. Had a lot of strikes and lost a few at the boat. If the bite if off, I don't see it.