PDA

View Full Version : San Pablo bay launch ?????

foggy
01-16-2008, 08:07 PM
I called marin county parks this after noon and they told me black point is still closed. :(

so where can I launch *:-?

Can you launch out of Loch Lomond Marina *and if so how much do they charge?

*tight lines

Fishmom
01-17-2008, 01:33 PM
You can launch at Loch Lomond, but the tab is $20. Not a lot of options in that area though. There used to be a launch at Buck's Landing, but I don't know if it still exists. Petaluma Marina, 14 miles up the Petaluma River, has a launch, but that uses up a lot of time.

grendl
01-17-2008, 03:55 PM
If your rig isnt real big they have a launch out at skaggs Island and only a mile or so to the mouth of sonoma creek, I havent used it in a while but it was free last time I was out there

G-whiz
01-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Skaggs Island (Poopoo Lagoon) ramp is free. Although it has a locked gate. You have to call Sonoma County Parks Dept and buy a key for the gate. It's $15 for lifetime usage. It's Ok to launch out of... kind of muddy at low tide. Wooden ramp with expanded steel grates, for your truck tires. Don't get the tires off the steel or you might slip...
Whats up with Black Point? It was suppose to be open Dec 1, 07. I heard they got the whole thing torn-up again.
You can also launch out of Vallejo and that's free. Just a straight shot to the pump house from there. Maybe 8 miles?

HUND
01-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Skaggs Island (Poopoo Lagoon)..... ;D

If your rig isnt real big they have a launch out at skaggs Island and only a mile or so to the mouth of sonoma creek..

Ok ,,, but the few times i have been to the mouth of Sonoma creek it was to shallow to get into the bay ... am i missing something ?? :-/

FisherBoats
01-17-2008, 07:30 PM
You can launch off the ramp in Rodeo but they charge you about $60 dollars a year and they place a sticker on the trailer saying you paid already and all info included. But the only negative thing is it's quite small and hard to launch or load your boat because at high tide the ramp on stretches out so far making your big boat almost impossible to load without your trailer hitting the boat, but it's easy at low tide. And the ramp is kind of ran down looking. Planks of wood to get onto your boat.

foggy
01-17-2008, 09:06 PM
I did not mind driving to black point but driving to Vallejo or loch lomand is a little far. I think ill burn less fuel running the 14 miles from Petaluma marina. but im concerned about the ride back at a vary low tide. Besides, it cost 2 dollars in Petaluma and 20 at the loch laomnd ramp. :-?

Any idea how the ramp in Petaluma is at a – tide?

janbfishinfolk
01-18-2008, 05:29 AM
Foggy
I thought we talked about Bodega Bay folks fishing in SPB? LOL.
Minus tides are more of an issue in the bay than in the river. Be careful around the mouth and in front of Sonoma creek. Get gone when the water gets down to 3Ft. You can see low areas pretty well coming thru the river and staying around the middle. Most of the river has good water it's up closer to the ramp (past the greek rest.) it gets icky. The Petaluma ramp is pretty nice compared to Blackpoints old one. Lots of concrete - you should not have any problems. Last time I was there the fee was $2 :) and lots of parking.

dirtdogg63
01-19-2008, 09:45 AM
foggy, the ramp at petaluma is exellent they just dredged it a year or so .there is also cutting's warf between napa and sonoma ample parking all new launch, restrooms and it's free.i can make it from cuttings to the mouth at mare island in 10 minutes another 10 to the pump house .but you have to pay close attention to channell markers , seen many of boat waiting for high tide. tom :(

foggy
01-19-2008, 08:17 PM
I decided to save fuel by launching out of Petaluma and not towing another 30 or so miles to another ramp.
I launched around 9 or so solo since my friend canceled out at the last minuet. (Not a fisherman) anyway it took around 40 to 45 minuets to get out to the pump house. Their where a lot of other boats all ready out their so I decided to stay to the north.
*Stopped fishing around 2:15 to make the run back to the ramp all in all a good day on the water. No problems pulling the boat out at a low tide at the ramp and it only cost 2 bucks.
Looks like black point should be opening any time.

No sturgeon but three striper’s one shaker, 21”, and a 25”.

* Tight lines

G-whiz
01-23-2008, 12:41 AM
Another option for Black Point is the old Gulardi's(sp) Resort... Papa Trevino's(sp?) on Lakeville Hywy, about 2 or 3 miles from "37". It's pretty close to Black Point... I went and checked it out last Friday. You don't want to launch at low tide (short ramp) and I wouldn't think you'd want to launch anything bigger than.... 20ft. Kind of crumby but, nun-the-less... a way to get it in the water. I think it was a $2 fee.

basil
01-23-2008, 05:49 PM
That launch has was supposed to be done by the end of December and the time frame was more than enough to finish it!!

Let's get on the commissioners butts. I'm calling tomorrow and letting them know, I'm not happy with the time frames the county works under.

Phone numbers:

Steve Kinsey 415-499-7331 Nick's cove ramp is in his district
Judy Arnold 415- 499-7331 Black Point ramp district

Let them know it has taken too long, the yearly fees are out of line ($80) and the that there is buzz on all the net fishing forums for the bay area about it.

When they start to tell you weather is holding it up for paving, tell them it was a scheduled job and they knew when winter was coming. PLus the rain came late this year and the weather was better than usual while they were pissing around and not getting it done.

The least they could do is put temporary gravel down or something because the ramp is functional.

fence_man
01-23-2008, 09:12 PM
they are waiting for the signs to be put up!!! But you are right it should have been done already !!! But county , state ,fed Jobs all are so f#@@%d up .

foggy
01-24-2008, 06:29 PM
One good thing I found out when I called the parks department is they are changing their park pass now it is valid for a year from the month you bought it.

basil
01-27-2008, 01:14 PM
One good thing I found out when I called the parks department is they are changing their park pass now it is valid for a year from the month you bought it.

The same pass in Sonoma County is $57 dollars, I believe Marin soaks you for $80. Sonoma has way more boat launches, and parks, too. If you are handicapped there is a pretty good lower rate, $35 if I remember right.

I wonder what Marin did about the guys that bought passes this year and found they couldn't use them for three months?