08-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Whats the word on Jackson Meadows?

JTroutMan
08-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Whats the word on Jackson Meadows?

no plants this year...but a few holdovers

2lbtest
08-10-2010, 11:29 AM
I will be heading up to Jackson meadows in 2 weeks and was wondering if the water level is up this late in the year. I would hope the late spring would have helped keep the water up, but I do know they do drain it down late in the season. I have alway had luck there and the small lakes nearby

fishinghoward
08-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Just got back from a couple of days spent at Jackson Meadows. Because of no plants this year, fishing was slow but I still really enjoy this lake. Very restful and beautiful place. Did manage to pull a couple of 14 inch rainbows out and I was happy with that. The water level was about average from what I remember from past visits. Have a good trip.

Fishery Biologist
08-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Jackson Meadows is approved for stocking this year and will be receiving catchable and fingerling RT over the next couple months. The reservoir is stocked every year with fingerling RT that grow into great catchable size fish over a few years. It can be a tough lake to catch holdover fish, but once learned you will never get blanked. I spoke to a couple people in the last week that are C&Ring 10-12 fish in the 12"-16" range per day from boats. Shore fishing may be slow right now as the catchable plant for this year is just getting started.

FB