PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Pine

nicky6chovies
08-07-2010, 06:08 PM
went to sugar pine yesterday morning, and it ended up turning into the last trip i had to the mountains to go fishing, which means more problems with my dads Truck, this time we get all the way up there and my dad gets out to pay the 3$ to park and launch and he smells anti-freeze, looks under the truck and theres anti freeze everywhere all over the steering stabalizer and dripping on the ground, we park it in the parking lot and pop the hood and the engine is steaming, and the reseivor that holds the antifreeze is bone dry, and what was causing it was this little rubber cap/plug thing thats looks liek it costs maybe 25 cents at the most is ripped and spitting more anti-freeze out so we spent an hour trying to come up with a make shift plug and we finnally do, when our 2 friends show up, and we filled the reseivor with water from a fountain, we got on the water late, before we found out about the truck problems it was perfect tiem to get on the water, well we fished for 4 hours and i caught 1, and dad caught none, we both combined shoulda caught 11 fish though they werent biting very hard at all, our 2 friends kenny and jon caught none and had one bite all day, well we were alittle paranoid about driving the truck with a make shift cap but we got her all the way home and the engine stayed nice and cool and had it fixed up, so pretty crazy day eh?

Trout Tracker
08-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Sounds like my last few weeks at work.Seems like nothing could go right.
Glad to hear that you came up with a way to fix the truck.Catching a few fish is better than none at all.
Were you in a boat or on the bank?
TT

auburnfisher
08-10-2010, 07:29 AM
What a difference a couple months make! I fished Sugar Pine from shore the other day and got totally skunked!! A couple of months ago, I fished it 3 times in 3 weeks and landed 10-20 fish each time. Lots of doubles. I'm thinking the warmth put the fish down very deep. Hopefully things improve in winter and next spring at this beautiful lake.