PDA

View Full Version : where are the reports?

scales
10-03-2010, 12:47 PM
with the d zones open and some of the x zones as well, i thought there would be more postings. what gives?

Big Jerm
10-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Been wondering the same thing! With the crazy temps, seems like the D zones had a pretty crappy opener (all though I've seen some good reports on another site), so maybe there isn't a lot to talk about? We haven't gone out yet, but will definitely report after we do.

J

Fishbutt21
10-03-2010, 04:33 PM
My wife and I spent a day and a half days hunting Bucks Lake and and a day and a half hunting La Port and spent most of our time out hikeing and not much time in the truck to see 1 huge bear and two does, and two DFG wardens. We did see a nice forked horn but it was in somebody elses truck . The full moon and heat were a killer

Cal.Kellogg
10-03-2010, 05:50 PM
I won't get started hunting until after the Rio Vista Bass Derby next weekend, but after that I'll be reporting regularly....Cal

Get Bent MARK
10-05-2010, 04:53 AM
Not yet for me either. Too HOT and a full moon is not deer hunting to me. I'll wait for some cooler weather and maybe some snow up high!!
I did help a friends wife get her 300 lb. black bear out of the wood on the opener. Got the call @ 9:00 PM that she had the bear down and we had it out and in the garage by 2:30 AM. Not fun bringing that beast out but I was glad to help her since her husband was in Alaska fishing.
NOTE to Aaron & Alice, Keep the bear meat. I the want HALIBUT from Alaska!!!

Mark

PapaGreg
10-05-2010, 06:24 AM
Went out yesterday morning after the terriffic thunder, lightning, and torrential downpour, thinking the deer would me moving. Saw lots of does and fawns as usual, and finally spotted two forkies, alas, on PRIVATE property, they sure seem to know where to be at certain times.

It is currently raining and I may go out if it tapers off, good luck to all and congrats on that bear.

smithstation
10-07-2010, 09:36 AM
I hunt mainly private land but I am not seeing the quality of bucks I normally see . Last year was great but this year its all small forks and 2x3's or 3x3's. I shot a nice 3x3 in archery (22 1/2 wide 19 tall) but I want to save my rifle tag for a bigger buck. They are there I am just not seeing them.

I went up yestarday in the down pour and saw several forks and a small 3x3, none of which I would consider shooters. The heavy rain had them held up in the thick stuff. I think today and tomorrow they will be out eating and looking for dry ground. We got almost 3 inches of rain in the area I hunt.

I have seen a lot of bucks killed in D-7 this year. In the last 2 weeks I know of about a dozen bucks killed, some of which were dandy bucks. Also know of 4 bucks killed in D7 in the last 3 days.

tt31
10-07-2010, 10:39 AM
It's still early, there is still almost a month left in a lot of the D zones. With any luck they'll get some snow and the big guys will come out. Too bad I am all tagged out, maybe I'll get to tag a bear, then I won't have any CA tags left.

scales
10-08-2010, 03:19 PM
went up morman immigrant gap. started about 7000 ft for nothing. looked all the way back road to just above fresh pond on hwy 50. nothing. i think the deer moved out due to the cattle being up there this year.
smithstation, if you would like to share some of that good hunting, my freezer has the room!

Cal.Kellogg
10-11-2010, 11:18 AM
With rain falling and a dusting of snow up really high, I hunted the Tahoe Nat. Forest on October 6. I set up on a ridge at 6,800 feet and waited....I ended up seeing a total of 5 deer, no bucks....

It was a good start to the season...I'm hoping for a real snow storm in the weeks to come.....