PDA

View Full Version : X12 Buck Down

tt31
10-04-2010, 11:41 AM
I went up to X12 on Tuesday afternoon, and did some glassing before it got dark. On Wednesday I woke up early and hiked in to an area that I thought would have deer, but no luck. I hooked up with Mundo from Stay Bent on Thursday and Friday. Thrusday he put me on a buck first thing in the morning, but I was not ready when it jumped out of the brush and ran off. On Friday we hiked to a place that he had seen a few bucks earlier. It took some time but we found 4 bucks, one was a shooter for sure, they were about half a mile away so we began to close the distance. It is crazy to me how well these deer blend in. About a canyon away from where we felt that I could get a shot we jump a buck, it was a 3x3 and I was not sure I would get a shot at the other bucks, so I shouldered the rifle, and put him down. I am used to the coastal black tails, this deer had a monster body compared to what I am used to, and we had a mountain to go over to get it out. With the elevation and 80 degree weather I would have had a heck of a time packing it out by myself, I was lucky I had called Mundo instead of going at it alone in many ways, we boned out the deer, split it up and hiked . So now I have my first Mulie and a bear tag to fill.

GUSANO
10-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Nice! Can't wait to get back out! Enjoy your steaks!
~

cwpro
10-04-2010, 03:58 PM
good job tt31, nice deer......who is mundo, a guide? I hunt that area, usually solo. It would be nice to try a guide once....would you recommend him? bert

Big Jerm
10-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Looks like the buck of a lifetime TT31...congrats!!!

J

Get Bent MARK
10-05-2010, 04:46 AM
Very NICE!! It looks to have some good eye guards. I've not seen to many bucks form X12 sport eye guards.
I've taken several bucks out of X12 over the years but that was before it was so difficult to draw the tag. Back in the day the area we hunted was X9 but now it's been split into 3 zones with X12 being the tag applied for. Only got it 2 times since the drawing process began so we have swithced to hunting further North in some of the other X zones with better drawing results and very good hunting.
Congrats on the buck.

Mark

tt31
10-05-2010, 07:39 AM
good job tt31, nice deer......who is mundo, a guide? I hunt that area, usually solo. It would be nice to try a guide once....would you recommend him? bert

Yes Mundo is a guide with Stay Bent Fishing and Hunting Guide Service. Considering I hunted solo two days and didn't see a deer and I hunted with him two days and had shots at shooter bucks both days it was well worth it. I have fished with Mundo a few times too, I really have nothing but good to say about the guy and would recamend his services to anyone looking for a guide in his area.