PDA

View Full Version : quail today

Hof
11-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Went outside of Colusa today to walk for some quail. Managed to find 4 decent coveys of birds but could only knock down two birds when it was all said and done. Pretty frustrated with myself becasue the dog did such a good job. Quite a trooper as the birds held really tight today and he relentlessy worked his way through brush and thorns to get at them. At least I got him on sime birds and got some shooting in. Also saw 6 deer, a coyote, a bunch of rabbits, a few doves.....Gotta love being outdoors. Good luck out there everyone

Hof

MacDaddy
11-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Not bad at all. Only problem with those little guys and me is my dogs refuse to bring them back... Most not smeel enough or sonething.. Nice report

DRF
11-12-2010, 05:09 PM
--trim trees.......Check
--paint the window frame.....check
--clear brush and cut back shrubs....almost
--pressure wash concrete...check
--prep and stain the deck...almost
--repair intake manifold gasket.... Monday
-- keep reading reports on how so many good people are hunting and I have to
work....check

Thanks for the report.

I cant wait untill I drop the hammer on some of the little jets myself. I got a GSP thats insane!! The birds, they don't stand a chance once he hits the ground.

JrF

Hof
11-13-2010, 08:44 AM
MacDaddy, mine will bring anything back...That is kind of the problem, I think he is still out hunting pretty much everything and not focusing in on the birds. He still locks in on the smell of the shell that ejects and will hunt those instead. When i take him duck hunting he likes to collect all the empties people leave on the refuge. he'll learn.

Go get em JrF, sounds like when those honey do's are done you will be out in full force. Nice you have a good dog, my lab is still learning and I know we miss plenty of birds. Still fun to get out though. Good luck once you are finally cut loose. Turkeys are on tap for me in the morning. Not as many around this year in the area I hunt but I'll give it go.

Hof