PDA

View Full Version : Sharks and air show report 10-6

jerdh71
10-07-2007, 08:20 AM
Took my son out shark fishin with slim hopes of the water being calm enough for us to motor out toward T I and catch the air show. We got out on the water about 45 mins before sunrise, down toward the San Bruno shoals. What a beutiful morning. First cast *even before my son got his line in the water shark on, got to love it. So a few smaller sharks later out come the 7 gills. What an awesome day we caught less sharks than ususal but the fish were bigger. *About noon we had to stop even though the fish were on there feeding frenzy so we could head out toward T I *couldnt beleive it I had nt seen calm water this late in the day all year. So we get out past the bay bridge and find a spot to drift and watch the show, well no fish but the show was cool I hadnt seen one in 15 yrs or so. We couldnt get as close as I wanted cause it was choppy out there but not to bad finally when the blue angle took the air the conditions were a little hairy for my small boat so we caught their show from a little further away in calmer water. We ended up with a 57" seven gill plus 3 others in the 44" range along with 25-30 smaller mix of leopard and 7 gills and 1 ray that put a whippin on my boy. What a day. *HEY *I NEED HELP i forgot how to post my pics.

MontanaN8V
10-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Go up to the general discussion and there is a thread for posting pics. Mine are still not as good as some, but I get them up there. (Small and have the size and resolution bar on the pics) Great job on the sharks. We only got the one, but it was an adventure. Always interesting when I am involved. Hangin up the rod for a few weeks, heading to Idaho to chase elk later this week, so with that being said, will trade elk meat for a trip out with the kids with someone to hammer sharks when I get back.

jerdh71
10-07-2007, 12:51 PM
I'll see if I can find time to take you up on that