PDA

View Full Version : Lobsters

MontanaN8V
09-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Anyone going down to hit them? I want tos o bad, but the dang leopard sharks ate up my traveling budget trying to catch one of them, six times. :'( >:( :-/

abdiver12
09-27-2007, 01:45 AM
That's going to be next on my list of to do things on the ocean. Now that I live in San Diego, it'll be alot easier. I've heard that finding the bugs is easy, specially around a place called Bird Rock. Finding legal ones is the hard part.

sethonious
10-01-2007, 08:26 AM
My dad left for a 3 day trip on Saturday morning. I will have his report sometime on Tuesday, hopefully some toad meat...

grendl
10-01-2007, 03:34 PM
When i lived down there i used to see them pull up lobsters on their rigs while fishing off the O.B. pier. couldn't keep them though they had to be taken by hand

sethonious
10-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Just got the report from Dad, the boat still has the rest of the day to dive, but he got his limit this morning. They were about 10 Kn off Catalina so he was able to get some cell reception.

Totals
12 dives
max depth 89'
21 lobsters (3 day trip)
1.5-3 lbs

Go get 'em. He's been making this trip for about 15 years now and this is only the second time he has ever limited out. I got some bugs comin my way...

MontanaN8V
10-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Sounds great! I do not dive or have a boat, so I am going to have to find a pier or jetty to go after them. I plan on chasing them later in the season. Too much going on now. Next year, I will have a kayak and chase them that way. Until then, I am stuck on land or pier, and can only dream about 5 pound bugs!

CaptSalmon
10-05-2007, 10:48 AM
;D Going for lobsters in California or Mexico is not nearly as good as it was when I was flying with the Navy out of Barber's Point Hawaii and Midway Island. There were tons of lobsters on Midway. We had a flight crew picnic where we had two items, lobster tails with butter, and lots of cold beer!! Lobstering anywhere else is just plain poor pickings.

mike22ca
10-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Thats awesome... Id love to give it a shot. There's some good reports and pics on Coastside. Mmm Lobster, cant beat that.