PDA

View Full Version : Fish finder > $300.00

Winddog
12-27-2010, 07:23 AM
A question on fish finders, So Santa did not bring me what was on top of my list, a fish finder.
The day after Christmas I got on line & checked the Bass Pro site for FF's because I got some gift cards from them & thought I'd get one with the cards and a lill extra from the fishn' fund.
I was disapointed to see most of the reviews were not good at all, many of the models I looked at (Lawence & HB) had reviews that said the customer's would never buy that brand again.
Do any of you have any suggestions?
I'm not really interested in any GPS features I just need a dependiable unit for fishing the Monterey Bay.
Thanks & HAppy Holidays!

ReelJerks
12-28-2010, 08:29 AM
A question on fish finders, So Santa did not bring me what was on top of my list, a fish finder.
The day after Christmas I got on line & checked the Bass Pro site for FF's because I got some gift cards from them & thought I'd get one with the cards and a lill extra from the fishn' fund.
I was disapointed to see most of the reviews were not good at all, many of the models I looked at (Lawence & HB) had reviews that said the customer's would never buy that brand again.
Do any of you have any suggestions?
I'm not really interested in any GPS features I just need a dependiable unit for fishing the Monterey Bay.
Thanks & HAppy Holidays!

Sadly, most of all 'customer reviews' are negative. When you are extremely happy with any product, you seldom seek out the 'customer review' section to report great things. I am also derelict in reporting good things, mainly because of the time it takes to set up the whole process with user information.
Back to your query. I am positive if you can add a couple hundred bucks to your kitty, you will be more than happy with the new Lowrance DSI (down scan imaging) units set to hit the market in early to mid January.

Edd

Winddog
12-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Sadly, most of all 'customer reviews' are negative. When you are extremely happy with any product, you seldom seek out the 'customer review' section to report great things. I am also derelict in reporting good things, mainly because of the time it takes to set up the whole process with user information.
Back to your query. I am positive if you can add a couple hundred bucks to your kitty, you will be more than happy with the new Lowrance DSI (down scan imaging) units set to hit the market in early to mid January.

Edd

Thanks so much for the advice, might have to tell the wife, "Oops did I order the wrong one? It's more expensive? I'm sorry hunny." & then the fight started! ;-)
Would you have any knowlege about the Lowance Mark-5X pro?

ReelJerks
12-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Thanks so much for the advice, might have to tell the wife, "Oops did I order the wrong one? It's more expensive? I'm sorry hunny." & then the fight started! ;-)
Would you have any knowlege about the Lowance Mark-5X pro?

Only this; http://www.lowrance.com/upload/Lowrance/Documents/Rebates/Lowrance%20Mark-5x%20%20Mark-5x%20Pro%20Rebate%20form%20final.pdf

and this; Specifications for Mark-5x Pro | Lowrance (http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Marine/Mark-Elite-Series/Mark-5X-Pro/Specifications/)

Semperfifishing
12-28-2010, 02:07 PM
The Furuno LS 4100 and the LS4600 are excellent sonars and both are under $300.

shake-n-bake
12-30-2010, 10:35 AM
I have had Lowrance on boats for over 20 years never had a problem, I had one HB on my previous boat but have gone back to Lowrance on my present boat I am running a LCX-15mt and a X-135.