PDA

View Full Version : Hitting Del Valle for first time tomorrow, any advice!

eliasnasr
01-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody had any advice for fishing Del Valle tomorrow, it will be my first time fishing there but i will be with a buddy that does not really fish thy much and would like to get him on some fish. We will probably bank it but I am down to get a boat if I have to.

Thanks for any info you can share

corkscrew
01-06-2011, 09:53 PM
When you get to the marina there is a trail to the right. Take that trail (if you don't mind walking) and find you a spot on the bank anywhere from 1/2 to a mile to the North. The water will be clearer than around the South end and much less crowded. Throw on some power bait and hopefully you"ll get bit.
Good Luck.

fishingguysf
01-06-2011, 11:30 PM
I fished there New Year's Eve for about 4 hours and caught 3 nice rainbows. Take the walk from the Marina on the right like what Corkscrew said. We walked about a 1/2 mile down and fished to the left of the water inlet. I used a sliding sinker with about a 15 inch leader, sunrise powereggs with a half of an inflated nightcrawler, dipped in Smelly Jelly Craw/Anise scent and that seemed to be the ticket.

Good luck if you make it out there and report back.

Fish On!!!