View Full Version : Headed out This Weekend!!

09-11-2007, 02:29 PM
We're going to HMB for tuna this weekend. Anybody else headed down there this weekend? We'll be there Saturday & Sunday.


09-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Go get 'em brother! going after leopards with the kids Saturday, and maybe to Fort Point pier Sunday for some crabs and perch, and who know what else may bite there! Have a great time, and keep er shiny side up!

09-12-2007, 06:21 AM
Need some help from you guy who know how to read the weather & swell reports. I still learning.

Are the reports for this weekend turning from good to bad?
IYO, does it look favorable for someone who has not venture out that far to still plan on heading out for tuna?
Yesterday they stated for the weekend "flat to 2 with 5-10 mph wind'" & now they state "2' to 4' with 10-20 mph wind".

Thanks in advance, Burt

09-12-2007, 07:36 AM

2-4 aint that bad but you did not list the swell; you need to consider both. wind is gonna be a bugger if it holds like they say. NWS has been so off it's hard to say for sure.

Wed is a tough day to call Sat and sunday, keep en eye out and see what it looks like come Friday.

09-12-2007, 08:22 AM
we are launching from marina around san leandro, ca I just wanted to know where the best spot for rockcod to butts around the bay ? also if anybody knows hows the water going to be, hopefully isnice and flat!

09-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Watch the NWS swell data trends, "swell" and "average" 2-5' seas are totally do-able. When you see "steep" and "very steep" a 2-5' sea with additional wind chop can be S#*T! Right now you are at "swell" so it is looking up for you.

09-12-2007, 03:35 PM

Heres the link for the forcast as it stands


If it holds as listed your in for a bumpy ride but doable for Satuday, the 3-5' wind waves on called for on Sunday would have me looking for something a little closer to shore, but thats me ( better safe than sorry ) if you make the run be carefull and hopfully you have someone to run with, safty in numbers you know...RD

PS : Its really to early to make the call I would wait till Thur night or Friday morn and see what its doing

09-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Goin' out Friday on the Ankeny Street out of HMB to get some local rockies. *Will report back on this charter experience.

Hope you get to bring back some sashimi! :)

09-13-2007, 06:26 AM
Thanks guys!!!!

Tom, I agree with your advice "safety in numbers". Right now we are still planning on heading out Saturday but Sunday is off. I will look at it again tonight to really make the call.

If anybody else is thinking about heading for tuna from HMB on Saturday let me know maybe we can follow each other out into the great blue beyond.


09-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Looks like we're good to go. I'll give you a call later.

Ron give me a call when you get a chance.

09-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Does anybody have a forecast hows the water goin to be on suisun bay or marina sf bayarea this Sunday...thanks!

09-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Glad u made it out!! good chat en with ya!! First tuna on the deck for your boat!! Watch out your ruined now!! Lets buddy out when we get a WX window!! CJ [smiley=captjack.gif]