PDA

View Full Version : GW Shark Action in Bodega Bay Area

memebop
09-06-2007, 06:00 PM
The story goes . . . sea lions corraling baitfish near the shore when suddenly a GREAT white shark grabs one of them and bloodies the water all up and down the beach.

Anyone know more or better details?

LuLu22
09-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Go GW Go!!

One less of the fur bags!!

Seriously, the beach at Salmon Creek has had quite a few shark attacks
over the years.
I have no details, but I'm not a bit surprised.
Ron

Uncle_Sam
09-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Let that be a lesson to all the surfers at Salmon Creek who cannot seem to stop dressing up to look like seals.

G-whiz
09-07-2007, 05:40 AM
There has been many (in my book) GW attacks on that beach over the years. It's been in the newspapers and on TV and they still go out there and act like seals. I don't get it. That scares the crap out of me. I've never seen one on a boat... and don't ever want to see one... ever! But, still I'm intrigued by them and the stories.
Anybody have any GW stories off the coast? I for one would like to read some of them.

LTZOUT
09-07-2007, 06:29 AM
Not a GW story but a Mako story.

We were fishing about 400 miles south-west of Cabo and hooked up with a 400 lb female mako shark. The biggest a$$ shark I have ever seen. Played her for about 2.5 hours & released her but that shark tried to bite everything that came close to it's mouth. The deck hand thought we were going to keep it so he got the gaft out and put the hook to her but she snaped it in half. Now, we have a 400lb man eater with our only gaft in it's side & one of our best lurers in it's mouth & we need both of them back. Our captain gets her on the swimplatform & raised it up to get the shark out of the water. Now the fun starts. We have an inflatable dingy mounted on the platform & the shark is wedged between it and transom & this shark is chewing on everything. The shark was only on the platform for about 5 min. but it seemed like an hour. The captain did get both gaft & lurer back without any lose of limbs or fingers.

True story

Burt

G-whiz
09-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Burt, that's a great story. I gotta hand it to the capt and his courage and/or being a "nut case" to get that lure out. I can't imagine getting near that Mako's Cake Hole.
That's a great story and I think we need to hear more of that stuff.

grendl
09-07-2007, 07:28 AM
hey burt I dont know whos pulling your leg but thats a halibut not a mako in the photo ;D

LTZOUT
09-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Yea!! ;)

And I didn't get any meat off that one either :'( :'( :'(. Not long after that pic it came off the stringer. Rookie mistake :-[ :-[!!!

memebop
09-07-2007, 07:55 AM
As far as I know . . . this time the "seal was the meal:, but I agree, the surfers out there should wear red pokadot suits or stay out of the water.

l

LTZOUT
09-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Sorry about the hijack!!!

Do you think some of these guys are thrill seekers? I seen the waves out there & they're not that great. If you have an encounter with a GW what a story you can tell the REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Just my thoughts, Burt